Posts by cfq20

In addition to that, I have tested recording a program with a scheduled timer and that works: it starts recording at the beginning of the program and stops recording at the end of it.

What I am referring to above, is recording a program that has already begun by clicking the default circular white button or by right clicking on a program in the EPG and selecting "Record". When this recording is stopped, Kodi still displays the program as being recorded, as I described in my previous post.

I tried recording something and when I want to stop it, Kodi shows it is still being recorded.

My setup

Hardware: RPi 3 B+

Kodi: 18.1 Git:newclock5_18.1-Leia compiled 2019-02-21

PVR backend: TVH 4.2.7-44 (running as service on RPi)

PVR Client: TVH HTSP Client 4.4.14.0

(latest versions for everything basically)

Steps to reproduce

From the TVH log when I start recording a program:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:37:18.490 dvr: Unable to change directory permissions to "775" for "/storage/recordings/MTV Top 100" (keeping "755")

Actually, permissions are indeed 775 for the directory containing the recorded program. Owner is root and group is video.

When I stop the recording TVH reports everything OK:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:39:21.697 subscription: 008B: "DVR: MTV Top 100" unsubscribing from "MTV"
    2019-03-10 18:39:21.699 dvr: "MTV Top 100" on "MTV": End of program: Aborted by user

However, Kodi still reports the program as being recorded (e.g. the red dot appears in the EPG) and if I try stopping it again i get an Error message on the screen saying "Could not stop recording. Check the log for more information about this message.". The Kodi log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:43:09.327 T:1937096720   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command cancelDvrEntry failed: User does not have access
    2019-03-10 18:43:09.328 T:1937096720   ERROR: DeleteTimer: Add-on 'Tvheadend:192.168.1.101:9982' returned an error: server error

When the recording is deleted manually from the TVH web interface in the Digital Video Recordings > Failed Recordings tab, Kodi shows a notification that the recording has completed. The EPG for the recorded program now shows a grey triangle indicating a recording for that program is available, even if it has actually been deleted and as a matter of fact nothing is in the 'Recordings' Category.

What I think is happening is that the TVH Client is sending the right command to the backend to start/stop the recording, but then does not receive/get back information from the backend that the recording has actually stopped, and therefore Kodi does not update.

The recording destination is /storage/recordings, which is the default location on TVH. Permission problems are unlikely because I changed permissions on this directory to 777 and also because tvheadend seems to be running as root anyways, which is the default owner: group for this directory.

Could someone comment in they came across the same problem? Can you reproduce this?

P.S. The default destination for recordings in TVH is /storage/recordings, however this is not existing with a fresh installation of LE. I created it manually via CLI.

I have noticed that a German law (the Telemediengesetz) is references in the disclaimer before registering to this forum. This is probably because this disclaimer is a translated version of the originally German one. But why is it there?

Is LibreELEC legally registered in Germany? Or is that disclaimer there because this forum software is provided by Woltlab, which is a German company?

I had this problem yesterday. No matter what combination of username/password I used in the TVH Client settings, it would not connect. The TVH log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 17:08:41.599 htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Unauthorized access

and the kodi log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 17:07:46.420 T:1250157424   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command authenticate failed: Access denied

This is probably a bug.

Solution

Change the hostname in the TVH Client Settings from the default 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP address of your device running LibreELEC. After doing that, it finally connects.