Live TV program shows as if it is being recorded, but in reality recording has already stopped

• I tried recording something and when I want to stop it, Kodi shows it is still being recorded.

My setup

Hardware: RPi 3 B+

Kodi: 18.1 Git:newclock5_18.1-Leia compiled 2019-02-21

PVR backend: TVH 4.2.7-44 (running as service on RPi)

PVR Client: TVH HTSP Client 4.4.14.0

(latest versions for everything basically)

Steps to reproduce

From the TVH log when I start recording a program:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:37:18.490 dvr: Unable to change directory permissions to "775" for "/storage/recordings/MTV Top 100" (keeping "755")

Actually, permissions are indeed 775 for the directory containing the recorded program. Owner is root and group is video.

When I stop the recording TVH reports everything OK:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:39:21.697 subscription: 008B: "DVR: MTV Top 100" unsubscribing from "MTV"
    2019-03-10 18:39:21.699 dvr: "MTV Top 100" on "MTV": End of program: Aborted by user

However, Kodi still reports the program as being recorded (e.g. the red dot appears in the EPG) and if I try stopping it again i get an Error message on the screen saying "Could not stop recording. Check the log for more information about this message.". The Kodi log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 18:43:09.327 T:1937096720   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command cancelDvrEntry failed: User does not have access
    2019-03-10 18:43:09.328 T:1937096720   ERROR: DeleteTimer: Add-on 'Tvheadend:192.168.1.101:9982' returned an error: server error

When the recording is deleted manually from the TVH web interface in the Digital Video Recordings > Failed Recordings tab, Kodi shows a notification that the recording has completed. The EPG for the recorded program now shows a grey triangle indicating a recording for that program is available, even if it has actually been deleted and as a matter of fact nothing is in the 'Recordings' Category.

What I think is happening is that the TVH Client is sending the right command to the backend to start/stop the recording, but then does not receive/get back information from the backend that the recording has actually stopped, and therefore Kodi does not update.

The recording destination is /storage/recordings, which is the default location on TVH. Permission problems are unlikely because I changed permissions on this directory to 777 and also because tvheadend seems to be running as root anyways, which is the default owner: group for this directory.

Could someone comment in they came across the same problem? Can you reproduce this?

P.S. The default destination for recordings in TVH is /storage/recordings, however this is not existing with a fresh installation of LE. I created it manually via CLI.

• In addition to that, I have tested recording a program with a scheduled timer and that works: it starts recording at the beginning of the program and stops recording at the end of it.

What I am referring to above, is recording a program that has already begun by clicking the default circular white button or by right clicking on a program in the EPG and selecting "Record". When this recording is stopped, Kodi still displays the program as being recorded, as I described in my previous post.