How does the blu-ray disc detection works on Libreelec?

• In kodi 18 there supposed to be blu-ray disc detection but if i install libreelec this does not work.

dvd works fine though

The log file mentioned lots of read errors related to blu-ray disc.

So can kodi read blu-ray discs and detect them properly?

Or is that only possible for decrypted blu-rays? (for instance under Windows with anydvd or dvdfab installed)

I use makemkv addon (from 5schatten) to decrypt but the detection of blu-ray still fails with or without it.

The log file is from a live libreelec with nothing changed nor any addons installed.

Intel ivy-bridge hardware with a old pioneer blu-ray drive (my test equipment)

kodi.log

• chewitt

I have read the article (and have before) but it isn't a answer to my question.

Instead of using a keydb.cfg i use makemkv to decrypt. mainly becasue i have blu-rays that are not included in keydb.cfg

Or are saying that if i do add the keydb.cfg the blu-ray disc detection will work?

I don't understand how the blu-ray disc detection works, but do understand the difference between disc detection and disc decryption

• Kodi uses libaacs to read BR media and libaacs will not function unless there's a KEYDB.cfg file present with appropriate content for the disc that you are trying to play. I have no personal knowledge on makemkv so I can't comment on how you'd make that work.

• chewitt

So if i understand right kodi doesn't read a blu-ray disc if keydb.cfg is not present due to libaacs is not functional?

Is this also the reason that if i insert a blu-ray the disc menu item is not shown? (and kodi does not give a notification that it mounted a blu-ray, it does for dvd)

I will try with a keydb.cfg present (like in the wiki article) and see how that works.

Thanks for the info!:)

• I installed the keydb.cfg and the result is the same,

the disc menu item is present but doesn't do anything, and kodi does not give a notification that it mounted the blu-ray, like it does with dvd

So the blu-ray disc detection still doesn't function.

Anyone any thoughts about this?