ipv6 enabled but global ip missing

• Hi guys,

i've enabled IPv6 within Kodi and set ip address method to "auto". But when I check the ip (ssh into device, run ifconfig) I only get a IPv6 scope link address (for local network) and no global IPv6 address for public use:

Code
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr B8:27:EB:08:F3:0B  
              inet addr:192.168.0.3  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
              inet6 addr: fe80::ba27:ebff:fe08:f30b/64 Scope:Link
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:744068 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:335667 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
              RX bytes:1064573001 (1015.2 MiB)  TX bytes:27698529 (26.4 MiB)

Also when I check the IP-Adress within my router, it only displays the IPv4 address. This had worked with LibreELEC 8.x, but no longer with the new LE 9. What can I do?

Setup:

Raspberry Pi 3, LibreELEC 9.0.0 (RELEASE)

Edited once, last by mx04 (February 5, 2019 at 7:55 PM).

• Still having IPv6 problems with LibreELEC 9:

Running last command on my PC will result in following:

Code
    $ curl -XGET https://v6.ident.me
    2a02:908:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:d4a

What can I do?

• A few basic questions for a quick [self-]check:

- do you have IPv6 connectivity available on your router?

- do you have IPv6 global addresses available on other devices in the same LAN?

- which methods of IPv6 address assignment are available in your LAN?

• Hey guys,

I noticed exactly the same problem. Iam on the last milhouse nightly build actually

All other devices get a global ipv6 address via dhcp. Even the docker contailer which runs on the libreelec host gets a global address!?

Any ideas?

Best regards!

brot

• LE is currently built around the assumption of being installed on an IPv4 device behind a NAT gateway in a domestic/home network. As a result you should assume there is only partial support for IPv6 in the OS. In fact i'm surprised there is any, as last time I actually looked it was mostly disabled everywhere. You are welcome to make suggestions on improvements, but AFAIK none of the core team have access to IPv6 networks to validate any suggestions that are made. Things that appear (or not) in the settings GUI could simply be things that didn't exist in connman when the settings add-on was originally written in 2012/2013 so it's worthwhile cross-referencing with connman documentation and the "connmanctl" utility. If you make changes via connmanctl they will be persistent.