Problem mounting network share

• I use my Synology NAS to store recordings etc from Tvheadend in LE. I need the network share to be set up at boot. I've used the instructions at Mounting network shares [LibreELEC.wiki] but it doesn't work.

When I do systemctl status storage-Synology-backup.mount, I get:

Code
    Jun 22 13:11:57 LibreELEC mount[323]: mount: mounting //192.168.8.2/backup on /storage/Synology/backup failed: Host is down

First the date (Jun 22) is strange, but more importantly the host (192.168.8.2) is not down.

I think this is a timing error and that the network is not fully up or it might also be that there is a timeout in trying to connect to the server.

When I do systemctl start storage-Synology-backup.mount it works and the share is correctly mounted.

Any ideas?

I used to have the same kind of problem pre LE 9 that I solved using some magic (that I have now forgotten). After the update to LE 9 the problem is back again X(

• I use cifs.mount.sample as a template:

storage-Pi.mount looks like this:

After the reboot, the mount is broken:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /storage/Pi
    LibreELEC:~ # 

systemctl status storage-Pi.mount returns:

Note the date Fri 2018-06-22 13:11:57 CEST and Host is down (which it is not).

Doing systemctl start storage-Pi.mount makes it work again and systemctl status storage-Pi.mount now returns:

Code
    ● storage-Pi.mount - test cifs mount script
       Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-Pi.mount; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: active (mounted) since Tue 2019-02-05 07:03:48 CET; 2min 33s ago
        Where: /storage/Pi
         What: //192.168.8.4/pi
       CGroup: /system.slice/storage-Pi.mount

Feb 05 07:03:48 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Mounting test cifs mount script...
    Feb 05 07:03:48 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Mounted test cifs mount script.

Edited once, last by johan.viberg (February 5, 2019 at 6:06 AM).

• Log shows the ntp service works, but the mount attempt is some time before the clock is updated.

Create /storage/.config/autostart.sh and add the command "date -s "06 FEB 2019 11:10:00" (make it to something close to current) and reboot. I'm wondering if negating the clock drift solves anything? Is there any difference when using the default (pool.ntp.org) servers?