Need Help: Problems with database upgrade for 9.0.0 release after previous downgrade?

• Hello,

I just wanted to know if I can upgrade to Leia 9.0.0 without losing any of my current library data, as I'm currently on Krypton 8.2.5 (running on a Pi3) but already had an alpha release of Leia installed a few months ago (that I had to downgrade back to 8.2.5 due to compatibility reasons).

Do I have to (manually?) remove any files from the alpha release install to get a proper database upgrade this time? Or am I able to upgrade to 9.0.0 without having to fear that Kodi uses the already existing (old) libary database from the alpha release? Of course I'd really like to keep the current library, not the old one from a few months ago.

Thanks in advance for your help! Of course I can provide further information if nessecary.

Kind regards

Sebastian

• chewitt: Just tried to update but unfortunately the upgrade imports the old library from said previous alpha install. Even more disturbing: I can't even update the old library, even though all of my sources are still configured correctly. Weird.

How can I completely remove any files from my alpha install to make sure to get a clean and flawless update?

I would strongly prefer to use this way as I faced some really time-consuming problems with a library backup import a few years ago.

Thanks for your help!