Problem with 9.0 upgrade

• I have been using LibreElec for a number of years on a Raspberry Pi 2/3 in a fairly simply way, very few addons which are all official as far as I am aware. I have been following the release of LE9.0 having applied all the Alpha/Beta/RC releases without any problem. I was therefore surprised when the installation of the 9.0 Release failed and dropped me into Safe Mode. Safe Mode gave me no option to reboot (perhaps I should have pulled the plug ?) and I ended up following the options to reconfigure a clean installation of LE. Is it now too late to recover my broken LE installation from before the upgrade attempt and how might I fix the errors which caused Kodi to crash ?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

• Can you still SSH into your RPi? If so, check the contents of the /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml file.

If it's empty, try writing a new one via the nano editor.

• I can SSH to the Pi and the /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml file does exist (but might have been created by new install ?) I have attached that version (renames to profiles.txt for upload) for you to see. There is an empty file of this name now in /storage/.kodi.FAILED/userdata/ Do you want me to replace it with the version in your post above ?

Chris

• Stop Kodi, rename the various .kodi folders out of the way and restart Kodi. Now stop/move/restart and move bits of config back until you either end up with a working system or find the thing that breaks it. It's the kind of issue that doesn't have an easy button.

• Can you still SSH into your RPi? If so, check the contents of the /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml file.

If it's empty, try writing a new one via the nano editor.

Registered here to left this comment.

Thank you very much for this solution. This is worked for me.

Just inserted config above to my empty config file

My error log was exactly like this:

Code
    INFO: loading settings
    ERROR: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0                                            Failed to open file
    NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
    FATAL: unable to load profile