IR Remote malfunction after upgrade to LE 9.0

• Hi,

I just upgrade to LE 9.0 and remote control is a complete mess.

After the update, my remote isn't working anymore. So I checked the wiki and now I have a working configuration file.

So if anyone got a Zotac RC2604323/01G (zotac1.txt) or a Zotac RC2604329/02BG (zotac2.txt), I put the config files in attachment (warning: some keys are commented because I don't know where to map them).

But now, when I have to press the button multiple times to make it works.

This is visible with ir-keytable :

The driver seems to receive the inputs, but don't map them to the event. Is anyone known how to fix it ?

I tried to play with repeat delay/period but that does not change anything.

My device :

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable 
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event7) with:
        Name: ITE8713 CIR transceiver
        Driver: ite-cir, table: rc-rc6-mce
        lirc device: /dev/lirc0
        Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp 
        Enabled protocols: lirc rc-6 
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 1283:0000, version: 0x0000
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Thank you for your help,

• Thanks a lot for the detailed report!

I've prepared a fix for that (linux: add patch to fix Zotac IR remotes by HiassofT · Pull Request #3289 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub) which should be included in tonight's Milhouse builds (0203)LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

Could you please test if the issue is fixed with these builds?

With the fix you should see 80340xxx scancodes and an additional "toggle" indicator flipping on/off on repeated button presses instead of alternating 80340xxx/80348xxx scancodes.

so long,

Hias

• Hi !

Thank you for your time.

I did'nt notice that change between 80340xxx and 80348xxx... Your patch works as you said, thank you !

For the people interested by the keymaps, I attach an updated version to this post.

The one labeled "stable" are for Libreelec 9.0, I inserted both 80340xxx and 80348xxx code hoping that will work (I won't downgrade for testing it but I didn't worried build #203 having it)

The others only got the 80340xxx keycodes as it will be in future releases I think.

• Hello,

This is my contribution to LibreELEC users who have a Zotac mini-PC.

So, I've been using this remote.xml keymap for my Zotac Nano AD10 for years now.

And it is working perfectly for LE 8.2.5.

When I updated to 9.0.0, I got lots of grief with my remote thinking "this is the reason I left OpenELEC for LibreELEC in the first place!".

The remote COMPLETELY stopped working (whereas with OpenELEC 8.0.4, I was forced to press the same key TWICE, when the previous version worked flawlessly!).

Anyways, now I know what to do (use Microsoft MCE codes with my Harmony, or try the new LE updates), but I wanted to thank the community for your help. So here's how I managed to program my remote with this remote.xml keymap.

The 01- remote (06-2017 keymap from kodi website used as reference).xml one was downloaded from KODI and modified to work according to my own taste. The other two are based on this one. To use them, just rename them to remote.xml and copy it to the keymaps folder inside userdata.

Have fun

01- remote (06-2017 keymap from kodi website used as reference).zip

02- remote (last used for sony RM-VL610 remote on 06-2017).zip

03- remote (currently using for harmony remote since 10-2017).zip

• Hi.

Yesterday I moved from krypton to leia.

I have 2 zotac boxes. The first one works perfect after the change to leia with my harmony remote.

The second one has a original zotac remote, like the file zotac.txt.

I am on the latest Milhouse but my original zotac remote has no function. What I am doing wrong?

Is there something missing?

Please help me.

Best regards

• Please test with the zotac keymap attached at this post: Weird remote behaviour on ZBOX nano

Download the zotac.txt file and save it to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/zotac

Then create a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file with the following content

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if I can get some assistance with a current issue I am faced with. I decided to resurrect my Zotac AD04 box which is working great with LE 9.2.4 but the IR dongle that I have allows me to navigate throughout Kodi, but I have to plugging another IR dongle in order to shut the box down. The problem is that I can't turn it back on from my Harmony remote. I've tried to copy the zotact.txt file to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/zotac and to create a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file with the content but using WinSCP but it doesn't allow me to create a folder of for that matter to write to any on my LE box.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me here.

Shedrock