Installing to (and booting from) eMMC card on LePotato?

• I have just got myself a LePotato board and a 16GB 5x eMMC module - getting ready for that 4K OLED TV!

I have very successfully installed LE to an SD card and also tried a couple of Android images for direct install to the eMMC. However I have not found any precise details or instructions for installing LE to the eMMC card - most posts on the subject seem to assume that you are working with an S905 Android box, others seem to think that you have a total mastery of building your own images from scratch.

So, two simple questions...

• Is it possible to boot and run LE from the eMMC card on LePotato?
    • If so, how do you go about it?

Before I go I would like to thank and congratulate the whole dev team for a really useful and solid app.

Thnaks in advance

• I don't have an adapter, only a USB to USB cable and the U-boot button.

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Cheers

Tried with USB Burning Tool 2.1.6 and LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-8.95.001.img - got "Parsing burning image fail" as soon as I tried to import the image into USB Burning Tool. This image file was extracted from the SAME .img.gz that I used to make a working LE SD Card (with Etcher) so I guess it isn't corrupt unless WinRAR broke it during extraction.

Back to the drawing board...

• If you're stuck installing LibreELEC to eMMC without an Adapter Look Here

for Alternative.;)

OK, that looks very much like the same procedure that I saw should be used for installing Armbian?
    So, what's the difference between CE and LE, and should I worry?

Secondly, can I just use the lepotatotoemmc script with LE, I assume that the bootloader files are in the same location for both CE and LE?

• OK, that looks very much like the same procedure that I saw should be used for installing Armbian?
    So, what's the difference between CE and LE, and should I worry?

Secondly, can I just use the lepotatotoemmc script with LE, I assume that the bootloader files are in the same location for both CE and LE?

No idea if script will work with LE.

It's tested with CE and works with Leia images.

Not sure what you mean about worry.

• Thanks for that - I will try on Monday/Tues and keep you posted.

Well after much fiddling I gave up on merging the CE script with LE and just went ahead and installed CoreELEC. The move from SD to eMMC went just fine and seems to be working well.

A note for those who like me we searching for information on remotes, both LibreELEC and CoreELEC work out-of-the-box with MCE remotes (RC6) via the LePotato on-board IR receiver.