I can not update LE 8.2.3.1 kszaq to 8.9

• Hello, I'm using the LE 8.2.3.1 kszaq distribution, and I want to update to 8.9 but it does not show me any updates channel in settings, it's empty. And I do not know how to install another version of not from kszaq in my X96 mini. When I mount a USB or SD, a folder appears that says EFI and there is no sign of the dtb. The structure is that of a boot for PC, not for my tv box. Can someone help this ignorant? How can I make a bootable usb for my X96? I have already followed the steps, but he will not let me. It does not boot.

It is an X96 mini 1gb with device tree 281.

Thank you.

• You could *TRY* this. It may not work, so use a copy or make a good backup.

Download LE 8.9.003 tar file and place it in /storage/.update. Reboot and it might upgrade.

Otherwise download the img file and start afresh.

Alternatively wait a bit and see if anyone else with an X96 has already done it.

• Hi Iridium, thanks for your response.

I tried it from Samba by going to the Updates folder and pasting the .tar. Rebooted normaly, updating, all ok. Reboot again. But I got the following image:

ZwvA5SH

Finally I went to that link, I downloaded version 8.9 I mounted on a USB, and I booted from it. Now the problem is that when I try to install it to my x96, it does not detect the installtointernal command. Can it never be used again in 8.9? Is there any way to use it?

Thanks.

• Glad you got it working.

I *believe* it is work in progress.

However with the amount of "Chinese" Android boxes on the market now, it is difficult to keep up with each and every distribution.

Yes, it is understandable. It will be increasingly difficult to do something standard...

Have you considered Coreelec? Although installtointernal is not supported. It might work

Yes, i used it. And it has installtointernal command. I like it, but i have all my addons, and skin, and more things configured in libreelec, and when I load the backup in coreelec, many things like the skin, icons, and images are lost. But if not, I would use it.