RGB-Pi Scart Cable = no sound

• I would like to explain a problem that has been blocking my installation for many months.

I would like to install a RPi 3 in an old CRT TV, to create a Smart CRT TV and watch old stuff on it :) .

In order to have the best possible image quality, I use the famous RGB-Pi cable to output a RGB signal from the Pi (using a scart connector). (see http://www.rgb-pi.com)

cable_def.png

There is a deditated distribution for this cable. On others, it is mandatory to set this configuration information in the config.txt to redirect A/V signals to GPIO.

For the video part, the cable designer has created a specific dtbo file.

On the audio side: the following information must also be added: dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=19,func2=2

So I followed the instructions to adapt the librelec distribution by modifying the config.txt file

The video signal works well but no sound comes out... at all !:angel:

I have try to change all the settings, try to add audio addons... nothing works.

Since the official distribution rgb-pi works perfectly (dedicated to retrogaming), I wonder if there would be no conflict regarding GPIO ports used for the sound?

Good to know : Very very rarely during my tests, the sound worked. But a simple reboot and all is lost. (not reproducible sadly)

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Dan

• it is the easy way out, but it will be very restrictive.

Indeed, I integrated the raspberry in the TV, and there are USB ports and a direct access to the micro SD card to change the distribution when I want it.

And the official distribution works very well via the GPIO.

CRT SamsnugUSBSamsnug

If you help me find a solution, this can be very useful for all RGB-Pi users

• OK, your GPIO audio pins are 18 (GPIO_GEN5) and 19 (SPI_MOSI). Do you have this line in your config.txt?

Code
    dtparam=spi=on

No, that's not the case

I use the default config.txt and i add this settings