New SD card, which version of libreelec should I install

• Hi everyone,

I have just got myself a new SD card for my libreelec setup my current one must be 2 years old now, also wanted a bigger one.

I've been running 8.2.5 on my on my pi3 but with Kodi now on rc4 I'm assuming the new release of Kodi is just around the corner.

So if install 8.2.5 stable will that upgrade to the latest version easy enough when it's released, or would I be better off installing the latest alpha as I assume that would just update to stable from alpha.

I don't want to spend a couple of hour setting everything up on 8.2.5 stable to find that when version 9 stable comes out that I gotta start fresh again.

Thanks in advance

Rob

• Although Kodi 18's final release is getting close, it's not there yet. And Team LibreELEC will need some additional time for syncing all the various builds for the different supported hardware. Kodi is on RC5 currently and *should* be the last RC. But... there is always Murphy's Law.

So if you want the stable build, go for 8.2.5, you will be able to upgrade later easily. 99.9% of all settings will be used in LibreELEC 9.x if you are sticking with official add-ons.

You can try/test LibreELEC 8.95.002 as well. It's stable for normal operations.

You can find the downloads for the Raspberry Pi 2/3 models at the downloads page. There is an option in the install to "Show all" downloads, including the current test builds.

• Hi, all my add-ons are official except for game starter repo that I use to play some old games lol.

I'm assuming the guy that keeps this up to date will make changes for le9 as he seems to always keep retroarch upto date.

Thanks

Ron