Video quality on TV box compared to regular TV

• HI,

I know this would sound somehow strange, but I found difference when playing videos from TV compared to Android TV box (or with librelec installed). I have philips 37PFL4606 older model who can read mkv files with h264 codecs via USB port. I don't know what OS that these television got but the picture is clear and sharp, same as the picture on computer.

When I put android tv box, I found a little improvement on libreelec (compared to regular android OS) but it is still a little smoother than ORIGINAL. It appears as it would have some smooth filter over the original video. I've tried all video settings and found that is has deinterlace disabled but it is still a difference. If I have to say how much difference probably around 10%. The picture is smoother and I personally prefer original raw while watching MKV videos.

I also found that tv communicator that I have from local service provider has also smooth filter over videos when I tried to use their media box for watching mkv, but their picture is smother for around 30%.

So I found that original android OS on Mecool M8S Pro W has around 20% smoother picture while libreelec has around 10% compared to beautiful clear original reproduction of this TV. I don't know if I will ever be able to get the same picture quality as on TV. Usually people won't notice this difference because if you are not aware of these things and watch movies every day.

Does anyone if there is anything that can be done to get the same raw and clear picture quality when watching MKV on libreelec OS on that box?

• Different hardware running a different OS using different drivers and different apps = different result. Deinterlace isn't configurable without writing new code and it's one of the uglier parts of the current Amlogic kernel codebase.