Question on the use of CPU cores

• Hi all,

I use LibreElec on my Le Potato, and just experienced a thing that surprised me: While listening to music from my MP3 library via the network, I startet scrolling the list of videos from one of membranes mediathek-addons. Whenever I used the scroll wheel of my mouse to quickly browse through the entries, the music started stuttering - just very short, but well audible breaks in the sound. I was surprised in many ways: First, Le Potato is a quad-core CPU device, so if a CPU core would be busy playing the MP3, the other three should be idling and take over the scrolling. Second, MP3 is not too demanding for an [email protected] GHz, so I'd not even expected overload if the same core was used. And finally, the scrolling I'd have expected to be offloaded to the GPU anyhow, not really bothering the CPU. Are my assumptions stupid? Is there something I might have done wrong during setup or else?

Cheers

Hauke

• Can you try to play MP3 over USB stick instead of network access?

Which screen resolution do you use when playing MP3?

If you use 4K, your system maybe actually is on it's limit, because the screen grabs all the resources.

• Oh, stupid me... I am currently juggling two LibreElec images, because of the Bug I observe (described here), and the music problem is with the rather old kszaq-image (btw. FullHD). The current Beta is not showing the problem. I mixed that up!

Sorry for the confusion!