dvbsnoop supported by s905?

• My question is if dvbsnoop is supported by s905 amlogic devices. I see the addon and installed it. I got some information out like EIT information. Now it doesn't want to work, so I am thinking perhaps it was a fluke and it isn't supported on these devices.

• Downloaded the add-on as part of the dvb-tools in the librelec repository. Here are the outputs of some commands after tuning into a channel via tvheadend.

dvbsnoop -s sec -nph -n 10 0x12

I'll be honest when I tried it with a coreelec build, and entered the following command :

dvbsnoop -s sec -ph 3 -n 10 -crc 0x12

I got some tables but they just contained gibresh, I'll try posting it. First time I tried it I got event information for the next 10 events. When I try it now, it just doesn't do anything, just shows the dvbsnoop version information.

It is also the same time I started noticing that tvheadend started showing poll time out errors as well as:

Failed to config dmx on PID xx operation not permitted.

• So a bit of further information, after leaving the system running for a while and trying again 36 hours later. I ran dvbsnoop and to my surprise, it worked again. So I have been investigating a little bit and it appears that the when tvheadend is running something in the background it never works.

However when tvheadend has been running in the background and gets over its grabs etc, by luck, dvbsnoop will use it whilst the adaptor is free and it will work.

Now i would like to know how do I make this consistent. Does anyone have any experience with this. How do i ensure when i run dvbsnoop it runs everytime.

• I have a feeling this behaviour is similar to many DVB programs like W_Scan which require access to the tuner. If TVH is running, then they cannot get access to the hardware.

So to use dvbsnoop and other DVB programs you'll need to shutdown TVH first to free up the adapter.

• I agree, in most cases, however dvbsnoop requires for some elements to be tuned into a channel. I don't know why it is like this, but the only way i can get it to work is to have tvh server tune into a channel and disconnect the htsp and in that brief moment run dvbsnoop and then it works as expected.