IP Forwarding / NAT / Tunneling possible on Libreelec for use with OpenVPN?

• Hi,

(this is a repost into this section of the forum as i realized my original post may have been to the wrong section. sorry for the doubling of posts. The other one can be removed if necessary)

I have the following use case i would like to solve.

I have a NORDVPN subscription which i can already access the built in OpenVPN functionality of Libreelec. I am currently using Kodi Krypton and due to various bugs and also other reasons i will probably not want to update to Kodi 18 Leia in the forseeable future.

I have an LG Smart Tv where i watch Netflix with my paid subscription. What i would like to achieve is to be able to use my WeTek2 Play box which runs Libreelec 8.2.3 with Kodi Krypton on it with working OpenVPN configured for my NORDVPN account and use it as the internet gateway for my LG Smart TV thereby routing the internet traffic of my LG Smart TV through the VPN via the WeTek Play 2 box.

I know i could basically do this the easy way by upgrading to Kodi 18 Leia where Netfilix is already a supported add-on BUT as stated above various bugs in Leia which i don't see to be resolved and also partially convenience to be able to use the LG built in Netflix app drives me to have a different type of solution.

I have already successfully done this scenario with a seperate Raspberry Pi 3 (configured with OpenVPN and setup IP forwarding on the device) of mine where this works great however i would like to avoid the necessity to just have a Raspberry pi box for this purpose when i imagine/hope that i could achieve the same thing on my WeTek Play 2 box running Libreelec as well.

Since OpenVPN is already natively available on Libreelec and with the Zomboided VPN Manager add-on i can quickly adjust my NORDVPN settings the only missing link i don't know how to setup is the IP forwarding same as i have done on the RPI 3 (based on some guide i found on the net) so that my LG smart TV could use the WeTEK2 Play as gateway.

Any tips and instructions on how to do this would be appriciated.

Cheers