Strange goings-on

• A few days ago, I wanted to change my screensaver from the Christmas one to my usual one so went into Settings, just got a blank screen.

Oh dear, lets reboot it and see if that cures it. Can't reboot, the Power button has disappeared!

Consequent hard reboots haven't helped. Can anyone out there help me?

Please be patient, I'm not a techie and only understand how to do stuff by rote!

Thanks

• Could one of those fine added screensavers in a naughty add-on. Which means your Kodi setup is probably toast by now.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • blueribb - pi2; how do I find Libreelec version without settings page?; addons are screensaver picture slideshow, 2 x subtitles (bsplayer and subscene), 2 x skins (confluence and estuary), visualization shadertoy and weather metoffice.

Klojum - can't get into settings!

Also, no naughty addons, not now not ever!

Is everyone saying I have to go and start again?

• Power buttons do not simply disappear, so something has gone wrong.

In my experience, setting up a new fresh setup is done quicker than picking through lots of files trying to find the culprit.

So when you do that, and have everything up and running again, make a backup of your LibreELEC setup with the Backup/Restore tool in LibreELEC. It'll save you even more time next time.