Tanix TX3 Max S905W Wifi issue

• Hi everyone. I have installed libreelec 8.2.3.1 using Tanix 2GB dtb and booting it from sd card. After sometime the box cant connect to wifi. When I'm listing wifi connections i cant see anyone, in fact it seems that the box isnt searching for them. I have try to disable/enable wireless service but it has no effect. After a fresh installation everything with wifi works again, however after sometime the connections desappear again and another fresh installation to go on. I have one external hard drive connected using usb in case this could affect.

Have anyone experience same issue?

Thank you.

• The SSV6051 wireless has an awful driver (the code is hideous) and since the company that produced it has gone bust it's unlikely to ever improve. It will definitely NOT be supported once we bump to mainline kernels, so perhaps invest in a USB external device if you really need wifi.

• Hi. Thank you very much for the answer. I have booted the device into Android and the device cant see any connection. Could it be a HW problem?, anyway to find out the problem?. It's pitty because the box seems to work very well.

Could you recommend me a Box with these requirements

- Stable and good compatibility

- Possible installing libreelec

- SDPif toslink connection

- Bluetooth compatible with PS3 gamepad

Thank you

• Hello again. I had a wifi adapter i was using with a raspberry 1 and now the device is connected to wireless, so I think its a hw problem.

Thank you again and I would thank you if you can suggest me a device for my requirements.

• TX3 is fine for most media. I have the 'mini' version for mainline kernel testing with the VFD driver. For $16 it's a nice box :) .. the dreadful WIFI chip is the only 'bad' thing that I could find with it and that's easily fixed with an external USB chip. The mini version doesn't support 5GHz wifi and BT though so those could be more general issues. NB: I can't comment much on current 3.14 kernel LE or Android performance as I've only ever used mainline kernel Amlogic LE images on the box.

• Hi, one different question, does anybody achieve to use CEC feature?, maybe its a problem with my TV config as I have tried lots of things but with no suceed. If you confirm that feature is not avaible for Libreelec installed in Tanix box I will finally give it up. Thank you