[S812] OTT M8S 2G RAM 8G ROM BCM4335 WIFI

• I have attached the decompiled DTD extracted from boot.img inside my Android stock ROM that works. Had to rename extension to txt to allow attachment.

Yours .dtd file have small difference if compared with one that I used to compile. I will try compile with .dtd file that You post and upload working version to server.

My box is version M8 V9 if i remember, I will check this.

You can download firmware and uboot on this LINK
    Please try with this uboot file.

Edited once, last by begicj (December 1, 2016 at 6:42 AM).

• Meanwhile You can try THIS version, it is first working LE on my box. Just to test if there is problem because of 4k resolution suppport configuration in .dtd file.

Hi,

Tried downloading an OneDrive reports and no longer available. Flashed your version of u-boot, still no joy. u-boot is fine and boots LibreELEC os but still can't start Koid.

Thanks for you time one this.

Haven't flashed your Android image yet, I'll do that next.
    [hr]

Hi,

Tried downloading an OneDrive reports and no longer available. Flashed your version of u-boot, still no joy. u-boot is fine and boots LibreELEC os but still can't start Koid.

Your Android stock image flashes just fine too with WiFi working as expected. So it does appear to be something to do with the LibreELEC image. Perhaps the 4k patches. I'm currently connected to a 720p monitor right now.

Edited once, last by CCob (December 1, 2016 at 7:40 PM).

• Hi,

[hr]

Your Android stock image flashes just fine too with WiFi working as expected. So it does appear to be something to do with the LibreELEC image. Perhaps the 4k patches. I'm currently connected to a 720p monitor right now.

Try THIS it is without 4k patch,

I tried 720p resolution on my tv and it works. Do you use HDMI-HDMI or HDMI-DVI cable?
    Can you try your box on tv?

Edited once, last by begicj (December 1, 2016 at 8:52 PM).

• No joy in both scenarios unfortunately. The error 0x3003 from EGLInitDisplay is

Code
    EGL_BAD_ALLOC.  So there seems to be something inherently wrong with the OpenGL ES2/ framebuffer stack on my setup for some reason.

• No joy in both scenarios unfortunately. The error 0x3003 from EGLInitDisplay is

Code
    EGL_BAD_ALLOC.  So there seems to be something inherently wrong with the OpenGL ES2/ framebuffer stack on my setup for some reason.

I have compiled LE with yours .dtd file, you can try with THIS version.
    Files are uploaded

Edited once, last by begicj (December 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM).

• I have compiled LE with yours .dtd file, you can try with THIS version.
    Files are uploaded

Thanks for your help on this, but still no joy. Piece of crap Chinese clone. Kodi doesn't seem to start but can't confirm if it's exactly the same problem as the console over COM is not enabled.

I'll have to get a build environment setup for your code base and add further tools into the image to try and debug EGL under framebuffer.

Thanks again

• Thanks for your help on this, but still no joy. Piece of crap Chinese clone. Kodi doesn't seem to start but can't confirm if it's exactly the same problem as the console over COM is not enabled.

I'll have to get a build environment setup for your code base and add further tools into the image to try and debug EGL under framebuffer.

Thanks again

You can compile le from Kerber: LibreELEC.tv/ at libreelec-7.0-S8xx · surkovalex/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Device M8S options edit:
    Kernel extra targets to build
    KERNEL_UBOOT_EXTRA_TARGET="your file.dtd your file.dtb"

And insert yours .dtd file in Linux source

• m8 v8.9 doesnt work unless i make a sd card with the u-boot of the M8S.BCM4335.Oct29.2015 android firmware. Is there a way to add the u-boot to the librelec so i could use it without a sd card or already made firmware
    thx in advance

• m8 v8.9 doesnt work unless i make a sd card with the u-boot of the M8S.BCM4335.Oct29.2015 android firmware. Is there a way to add the u-boot to the librelec so i could use it without a sd card or already made firmware
    thx in advance

What do you mean "doesnt work unleas..."
    Did you try install my build?

s!AgTgVAcQjmx

Download zip file from link.
    Unpack downloaded file to a FAT32-formatted SD card - there will be files as a result: factory_update_param.aml and a zip file with an update.
    Install ROM using "toothpick" method.

• CCob's is noticeably different from our version (It seems you and I both have M8 V9_1), notably that the wifi chip and antenna are soldered to the exposed side of the PCB, whereas ours has only the solder traces for the chip and the antenna soldered to the opposite side.

• What do you mean "doesnt work unleas..."
    Did you try install my build?

s!AgTgVAcQjmx

Download zip file from link.
    Unpack downloaded file to a FAT32-formatted SD card - there will be files as a result: factory_update_param.aml and a zip file with an update.
    Install ROM using "toothpick" method.

the link above ain't working

your build is in the updated first post too?
    cause that the one i'm using
    the only way my box boots if i have a sd card inserted that i made using bootmaker with android u-boot bin.

• CCob's is noticeably different from our version (It seems you and I both have M8 V9_1), notably that the wifi chip and antenna are soldered to the exposed side of the PCB, whereas ours has only the solder traces for the chip and the antenna soldered to the opposite side.

Yea, mine seems to be an older revision. Although surprised that the stock firmware for your board works just fine on mine, especially the Android graphics which I believe works over EGL using SurfaceFlinger though. So I suspect the breakdown is somewhere between EGL<->directfb since this is where the graphics stack on Linux differs to Android.

• the link above ain't working

your build is in the updated first post too?
    cause that the one i'm using
    the only way my box boots if i have a sd card inserted that i made using bootmaker with android u-boot bin.

Yes it is in first post. Prepare sd card with original uboot file. Extract zip file to a sd card, copy aml_autoscript and recovery from your original fiware to sd card and give it try. If there is still problem with boot try reinstall android and use update app from android.
    [hr]

Yea, mine seems to be an older revision. Although surprised that the stock firmware for your board works just fine on mine, especially the Android graphics which I believe works over EGL using SurfaceFlinger though. So I suspect the breakdown is somewhere between EGL<->directfb since this is where the graphics stack on Linux differs to Android.

I will try enable serial console so you can trace where is problem with kodi

Edited once, last by begicj (December 3, 2016 at 11:09 PM).

• i have try LibreELEC-S812.M8S.arm-8.0.0.zip from one drive only no internet add all