Status of NanoPC-T4 (RK3399)

• Hi

What is exactly the file you are using (copying) from the image Recalbox ? I need the full name of the DTB file used. If running Armbian happens, you can try to perform the initial configuration. If you took a desktop image, you need to log in to the console as "root" with the password 1234, change the password, create a new user, set the password and see if the graphical desktop shell will start.

Hello balbes150,

a moment, I used your image Armbian_5.96_Rk3399-tv_Debian_buster_default_4.4.154_20190913.img.xz, there is no X included.

Just download Armbian_5.96_Rk3399-tv_Debian_buster_default_4.4.154_desktop_20190913.img.xz and continue testing.

The Recalbox DTB is in the appendix.

Many greetings

• Hi

What is exactly the file you are using (copying) from the image Recalbox ? I need the full name of the DTB file used. If running Armbian happens, you can try to perform the initial configuration. If you took a desktop image, you need to log in to the console as "root" with the password 1234, change the password, create a new user, set the password and see if the graphical desktop shell will start.

Hi balbes150,

this answer comes from chromium on the NanoPC-T4.

The desktop works up to 1920x1024x60Hz.

I can have a look at your Test.mp4 and also have sound.

I just can't get WiFi to work right away. I have to look at the logs again and get back to you.

BTW: I also have access to the EMMC memory on which LE is installed.

Greetings

• The desktop works up to 1920x1024x60Hz.

Good

I just can't get WiFi to work right away. I have to look at the logs again and get back to you.

Perhaps for WiFi need add firmware, by default there minimal set of firmware.

it will be useful to check the installation of a media script that includes HW on Armbian and allows you to watch any video in full screen. :)

[Development] RK3399 media script - Rockchip 3399 - Armbian forum

• Yes, I can also watch the video in FullScreen Mode.

And yes, in the log I see that he has problems with the firmware of the WiFi adapter:

--snip

[ 216.054284] DHD: dongle ram size is set to 786432(orig 786432) at 0x180000

[ 216.054394] dhd_bus_set_default_min_res_mask: Unhandled chip id

[ 216.054723] dhd_os_open_image: /lib/firmware/brcm/config.txt (70 bytes) open success

[ 216.054756] dhd_conf_read_pm_params: PM = 0

[ 216.054764] dhd_conf_read_nv_by_chip: nv_by_chip_count=1

[ 216.054771] dhd_conf_read_nv_by_chip: chip=0xa962, chiprev=1, name=nvram_ap6210.txt

[ 216.054776] CONFIG-ERROR) dhd_conf_read_config: not a right parameter 43430 0 nvram_ap6212.txt

[ 216.054797] Final fw_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm4356a2_ag.bin

[ 216.054801] Final nv_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/nvram_ap6356.txt

[ 216.054805] Final clm_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/clm.blob

[ 216.054809] Final conf_path=/lib/firmware/brcm/config.txt

[ 216.055416] dhdsdio_download_code_file: Open firmware file failed /lib/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm4356a2_ag.bin

[ 216.055422] _dhdsdio_download_firmware: dongle image file download failed

[ 216.055462] dhd_bus_devreset Failed to download binary to the dongle

[ 216.055471] dhd_net_bus_devreset: dhd_bus_devreset: -35

[ 216.055478] dhd_wl_ioctl: returning as busstate=0

[ 216.055485] dhd_dbg_detach_pkt_monitor, 2204

[ 216.055490] dhd_net_bus_devreset: dhd_bus_devreset: -35

[ 216.055560] wifi_platform_set_power = 0

[ 216.055566] ======== PULL WL_REG_ON(-1) LOW! ========

[ 216.055571] [WLAN_RFKILL]: rockchip_wifi_power: 0

[ 216.055589] [WLAN_RFKILL]: wifi shut off power.

[ 216.055593] wl_android_wifi_on: Failed

[ 216.055599] dhd_open : wl_android_wifi_on failed (-35)

[ 216.055605] dhd_stop: Enter ffffffc0ebc06000

[ 216.055609] wl_android_wifi_off in 1

[ 216.055614] wl_android_wifi_off in 2: g_wifi_on=0, on_failure=1

[ 216.055619] dhd_wl_ioctl: returning as busstate=0

[ 216.055623] dhd_dbg_detach_pkt_monitor, 2204

[ 216.055628] dhd_net_bus_devreset: dhd_bus_devreset: -35

[ 216.055663] sdioh_disable_func_intr: error for read SDIO_CCCR_IENx : 0xffffff92

[ 216.055668] wifi_platform_set_power = 0

[ 216.055672] ======== PULL WL_REG_ON(-1) LOW! ========

[ 216.055676] [WLAN_RFKILL]: rockchip_wifi_power: 0

[ 216.055682] [WLAN_RFKILL]: wifi shut off power.

[ 216.055686] wl_android_wifi_off out

[ 216.055691] wl_ext_iapsta_dettach_netdev: Enter

[ 216.055715] dhd_stop: Exit

[ 216.055720] dhd_open : the lock is released.

[ 216.055724] dhd_open: Exit ret=-1

--snap

greetings

• Hi balbes150,

it runs like a charm with your DTB file :)

With WiFi the same problem, but the boot process runs 4-5 times faster.

I have connected the NanoPC-T4 to my 4k monitor, but can only set the resolution to 1920x1024x60Hz.

Your test video runs fine with sound.

I will test your DTB file with my LE installation.

Let's see if it works :)

Addendum:

Your DTB also works fine with your LE image, which I use.

Thanks a lot

Many greetings

PS:

Is the DTB file rk3399-rockpro64.dtb the one from your last LE images at

https://yadi.sk/d/qgyvmkow5oqcha/2019090 ???

Edited 2 times, last by JerryPenguin (September 19, 2019 at 3:03 PM).

• No, it's a new file. Maybe in the next images I will add this new DTB for T4.

This would be advantageous for many in this thread, many are waiting for it. Thank you in advance. :)

But you can check yourself, will work DTB rockpro64 from the image LE or not. :)

No, or let's say once until about May I tried again and again to use the DTBs from your images.

But there was always no WiFi device detected.

Via dmesg I could see that.

A modprobe on bmdhd failed because no device was found.

PS Alas, I have no T4 for tests, significantly reduces the speed of debugging. :(

No, or let's say once until about May I tried again and again to use the DTBs from your images.

But there was always no WiFi device detected.

Via dmesg I could see that.

A modprobe on bmdhd failed because no device was found.

But you deliver first class work for Rockchip Devices. And unfortunately almost every SBC manufacturer has its peculiarities and uses slightly different chips that are not already integrated.

It would be easier for everyone if at least the standard components were the same.

At the beginning of the year I had also been thinking about buying a Khadas EDGE, I can't remember why I got away from it.

Too bad that FriendlyElec or FriendlyARM doesn't provide you developers with boards.

I have searched for a long time for a suitable DTB file. Also the one from Armbian didn't work with LE.

At some point I found what I was looking for at Recalbox. :)

But your current DTB is really good and fast. Thanks a lot. :)

I use Armbian on a BananaPI-M3, but only for Pi-Hole, Wireguard, OpenVPN and Munin.

Greetings

• Try running this image Armbian on T4. It includes DTB for nanopc-t4. :)

https://yadi.sk/d/sogru62pp1y_2q

Wait a Moment ... I will test it.

So, I tested it with the DTB directly from the image.

Boot, EMMC, Bluetooth -> ok

WiFi -> same problem with non-loadable firmware

Video -> ok

Sound:

At first it wasn't possible via HDMI. I tried it via USB (changed via Default Sink), it worked. Changing to HDMI afterwards was ok.

After every reboot the same problem, switch manually once and then sound came over HDMI.

Under Debian there was no problem, only here under Ubuntu Bionic.

The second DTB file in your download link, is it the same (right size) as in the image or should I do a test with it?

I would still have time for a test today, then again at the weekend.

Greetings

• So, I tested it with the DTB directly from the image.

I need info to compare how dtb works from the LE image and how LE will work with the new file (which I sent to you on the website). And the second comparison, the dtb LE from the image and the dtb file which you take from Recalbox. I need to understand which elements in the dtb from the LE image are different from the working dtb (what needs to be fixed in the dtb from the LE). By the way, on the EDGE Armbian 4k resolution and 4K video works, and therefore at T4 can try to find the cause of the problem.

• I uploaded the new version of the LE (20190920) for RK3399. It added the DTB to T4. Please check if this image works with the new DTB. :)

Hello balbes150,

I tested your new LE image with the NanoPC-T4 DTB.

Boot, EMMC, WiFi -> ok

Video -> ok (max 1920x1024x60Hz)

Sound -> HDMI ok

Unfortunately I can't test the image productively because I need the TVHeadend client besides EMBY.

However, the TVHeadend client cannot be installed because of a missing dependency to kodi.binary.global.gui in version 5.12.0.

There seem to be old binaries in your image, because the version KODI 18 or higher should be included, right?

But except for this missing dependency the image works like your previous ones.

Many greetings

• Hi balbes150,

I stumbled upon this thread on the search for a newer build of libreelec for the rockpro64. Unfortunalty your latest images doesn't boot at all the the RockPro64, even the LEDs doen't start. The latest armbian (nightly with 5.3) works great on my rockpro, but i am too lazy to try to get Kodi running on a nightly build.

It it just a problem in the DTB maybe you can try the armbian DTB file of the RockPro.

Sorry if I hijack the thread. I can always open a new one, but I don't know if your files should even be tested yet

• I stumbled upon this thread on the search for a newer build of libreelec for the rockpro64. Unfortunalty your latest images doesn't boot at all the the RockPro64, even the LEDs doen't start. The latest armbian (nightly with 5.3) works great on my rockpro, but i am too lazy to try to get Kodi running on a nightly build.

It it just a problem in the DTB maybe you can try the armbian DTB file of the RockPro.

Sorry if I hijack the thread. I can always open a new one, but I don't know if your files should even be tested yet

1. Have you checked all DTB from the image LE ?

2. Have you checked the startup LE, if you copy the DTB from Armbian and use it ?

3. There can be several problems, u-boot is not suitable for your model, DTB is not suitable, kernel configuration is not suitable. To solve it, you need to determine exactly what prevents the launch.

p.s. Perhaps these questions need to discuss in appropriate topic Pro your model.