32 bit PC- laptop live USB support for 720p...

• OE dropped support for i386 images after v5.0 and LE numbering starts at v7.0 so there has never been an LE release that supports i386 hardware. That said, almost all of our build-system supports 32-bit compile (as all the Raspberry Pi stuff is 32-bit) so if you're familiar with the build-system it's not too hard to effectively revert the commits that removed support and create i386 images and binary add-ons. To add perspective; older x86 hardware that needs a 32-bit image probably runs Kodi 18 worse than a Raspberry Pi Zero costing $7 so the question is always "is it worth the effort" ?

• OE dropped support for i386 images after v5.0 and LE numbering starts at v7.0 so there has never been an LE release that supports i386 hardware. That said, almost all of our build-system supports 32-bit compile (as all the Raspberry Pi stuff is 32-bit) so if you're familiar with the build-system it's not too hard to effectively revert the commits that removed support and create i386 images and binary add-ons. To add perspective; older x86 hardware that needs a 32-bit image probably runs Kodi 18 worse than a Raspberry Pi Zero costing $7 so the question is always "is it worth the effort" ?

That RPi0 isn't much available, certainly not for $7, and requires extra effort. "Linux is easy" is the most hyped tech statement ever. 😈👺 My feeling is that the Linux SBCs are much pickier than x86 hardware with SD cards/USBs.

For instance, I finally found 2GB sticks on Amazon.ca that cost me $20 for a 5 pack. They do fine on the laptop ( both Win/Ubuntu) but can't mount on my S905 TV box (4-5 models by now.) Same with some branded 8/16 GB SanDisk Cruisers and couple others.

Plus people feel comfortable with what they already have- it's integration !

**But again, should 720p run fine on this recompiled distro?

JeOS performance ought to improve with the same hardware; or otherwise it's another Windows thing.

• Assuming you pass the "understanding the build system" test and can create a working "Generic" image the main issue you'll have with older hardware is GPU drivers. We tend to support current and recent hardware not old hardware; if we still have the drivers it'll work. If not.. more creativity in the build-system is required.

Linux SBC's are pickier with USB/SD when they run shitty/ancient kernels. Run a modern kernel and those issues generally go away.

• Assuming you pass the "understanding the build system" test and can create a working "Generic" image the main issue you'll have with older hardware is GPU drivers. We tend to support current and recent hardware not old hardware; if we still have the drivers it'll work. If not.. more creativity in the build-system is required.

Linux SBC's are pickier with USB/SD when they run shitty/ancient kernels. Run a modern kernel and those issues generally go away.

Ok.

If running "modern" aka 4.xx were easy, it wouldn't have taken this long !