Kodi starts in UHD resolution although I set only HD1080p

• I have NUC 7i5BNH computer, Panasonic UHD TV and KODI 8.2.5. Also external HDMI-CEC adapter Pulse-Eight.

Because of some issues with this adapter, I had to set Kodi's UI to HD resolution only, 1080p.

But even that, Kodi still starts in UHD resolution (3840x2160). No mater what is set in system settings.

Seems like KODI starts in highest possible resolution of connected HDMI monitor?

Does anybody have similar experience?

• Out of curiosity what is your refresh rate set for ? If it isn't set for 60 does changing it to 60 fix the issue ? I am curious because I've something a bit similar on my NUC8i7BEH that also has an HDMI 2.0 output feeding an upstream HDMI 1.4a device. Have you also used the whitelist to try and limit to 1080P ?

• Quick question on whitelisting. Is the whitelist global across all interface outputs on a device or on an interface by interface basis ? This is aligned to my other thread about attempting to use both the HDMI and display ports on a NUC.

• Thanks. That explains what I was seeing and trying to do unsuccessfully with two different outputs running 2 different resolutions. The HDMi splitter approach seems like the right answer.

• If you have more than one output and the BIOS supports display mirroring then it can work; Kodi still outputs to one screen but the underlying hardware will send that one output to both. I doubt NUC's do that though - it's normally a laptop feature.