(Where is) USB 3.0 on Beelink GT1

• I have a Beelink GT1 with HDMI, 1Gb Ethernet, 2x USB (2.0 + 3.0) and SD card slot or at least they claim.

I had a problems with external HDD and when I fixed it and connected the disk back to GT1 I was wondering if it is recognised as USB 3.0.

`lshw` show the device is connected to USB 2.0 port and 3.0 is empty, so I connected it to the other port, but I got the same output.

So I connected another drive and found out that both visible USB ports are 2.0.

My question: Where is the USB 3.0 port?

Is it a fake just for marketing?

Is it somewhere on the board but not made available on the case?

<Something else>?

Best,

m&M.

• Ok, thanks but the lshw output says there is usb 3.00 with 5000Mbit/ capability. Is it just used as internal bus for ... Ethernet or something?

Code
    *-usbhost:0
    product: xHCI Host Controller
    vendor: Linux 3.14.29 xhci-hcd
    physical id: 1
    bus info: usb@2
    logical name: usb2
    version: 3.14
    capabilities: usb-3.00
    configuration: speed=5000Mbit/s
  • Most Amlogic GXM hardware uses a DesignWare "dwc3" USB controller which is capable of supporting USB 3.0 devices, but the S912 SoC which controls the USB controller does not so GXM/S912 devices do not have USB 3.0 capabilities. The first Amlogic devices to ever support USB 3.0 are the S905X2/Y2/D2 and S922 boards.

People often mistake "lsusb" and "lshw" output as "my device is detected correctly" but that's far from reality. If I connect a USB kitchen sink to a board lshw will report there's a kitchen sink present. It can probably just see something from dwc that hints of USB 3.0 and so it reports it.