Some Video_TS.IFO movies won't play from the Search menu

• hastebin

LibreELEC v8.95.1 Beta, fresh install from 12/23/2018

ZOTAC ZBOX, Intel Core 13-3120M CPU @ 2.50 GHz, GPU: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Mobil

What seems to work well:

1. From the files folder, I can browse to the movies source directory and launch the video_ts.ifo file for a movie which brings up the DVD menu, where I can play the movie.

2. From the Movies Library, I can sort the movies by Title, find the Movie in the List Format, click the OK button on my remote, will bring up the DVD menu from where I can play the movie.

3. Any other movie format (e.g. .mkv), I can do the above and also use the Search tool to find a movie by title, click on its Poster Art in the Infowall, and it will play.

4. Some DVD folders (e.g. movie name folder->video_ts folder->video_ts files including .ifo), will also play correctly from the Search tool result list.

What is not working:

For some DVD folders containing video_ts.ifo files, when attempting to play the movie from the Search tool results list, the DVD menu never appears with only the "spinning wheel" icon presented on the screen. The system is not hung up as I can exit out and do other things, but when trying to play this menu, it is "stuck" in a wait state.

The movie I am trying to play is the 1964 version of Mary Poppins. Some movies ripped to this format play, others don't, and I am not able to pinpoint any differences between those that work and those that don't.

• I'm not sure why Kodi ever went down the rabbit hole of trying to support file copies from DVD discs. I'm not really sure what the bug is or would be related to, but for consistent results either copy the disc to an ISO file or rip to mkv and don't worry about 'features' that kids aren't interested in.