Shutdown script for the snespi case

• Hi all and merry Christmas :)

The wife has been kind enough to get me a retroflag snespi case which has a working shutdown button, reset button and working led.

Now I've gone onto there github and got the script working on my retropie sd card.

What I'm trying to do now is get it working on my libreelec sd card.

They do not have one for libreelec on there github and I don't have a clue where to start with this and just wondered if anyone could help me on here

This is the link for the retropie script

GitHub - RetroFlag/retroflag-picase: RetroFlag Pi-Case Safe Shutdown

Thanks in advance

• Marry Christmas, robmcc83!

It's definitely possible to make your case work with LE. I did an on/off button (see here) and a status LED (see here).

You just have to adapt the pin numbering for your needs. Take care about the difference of GPIO and pin numbering system.

Adding a reset function to the Python script should be no problem, too (use the "reboot" command).

Da Flex

• holy crap, that's working with nespicase+ on libreelec ! thanks for the tip ! it's very unfortunate that this small script isn't offered directly in libreelec, you know a simple addon called "Nespicase+ soft shutdown buttons" ....

• Im looking at creating a fork of this and keeping a maintained version for libreelec on my GitHub.

I'll keep you posted with an update when I have it sorted.

• Im looking at creating a fork of this and keeping a maintained version for libreelec on my GitHub.

I'll keep you posted with an update when I have it sorted.

It's basically about an autostart Python script. I wouldn't invested the time to permanently update a fork for that. Having an official add-on may be the most user friendly solution.