Intel NUC7PJYH - not booting libreelec

• Hi peeps :)

I recently got this Intel model, looking a very capable as a HTPC, and positive reviews, including mentions of working with Libreelec (development version). Fitted out with 8GB of Crucial DDR4 2400MHz RAM and a Samsung EVO850 SSD.

Unfortunately it won't run the Libreelec installation media, hanging at:

Wait for installer to start or press <TAB> for more options (live, run)

boot:

I can use TAB, but upon any selection it hangs, CTL+ALT+DEL does not work, requiring a hard reset.

I have tried 2 versions of Libreelec 8.90 (008 and 009) and also the current stable 8.2.5. Same results.

I have also tried a couple of other Linux versions which all work OK. Linux Mint current, and Unbunu 18.04 and 18.10.

BIOS is current, allow unsigned media is allowed, I can't see any other BIOS options that may affect it.

I'd much prefer to run Libreelec than setup and maintain my own Linux flavour.
    Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

• I'd much prefer to run Libreelec than setup and maintain my own Linux flavour.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

I always create at least a dual boot setup of Ubuntu and LibreELEC on my machines, so I haven't used the LE installer in ages... After that I set either system to boot as default.

My modus operandi: run/install the Ubuntu flavor first, keep some room (8GB is fine, unless there are big plans) for both LE partitions.

Then create those two partitions manually from Gparted in Ubuntu, both EXT4 is fine.

Add the menu entries to the /etc/grub.d/40_custom file, do the sudo update-grub2 command, and ultimately reboot the machine.

• Hello

i have the same NUC, i resolve this error boot with this bios setup

In Boot :

- OS Selection: Linux

- Fast Boot: Off

- Boot USB Devices First: On

- USB: On

- Secure Boot: Off

LibreElec 8.90.xxx start normaly