Need to install OLD image with OLD KODI version, will it work with RPi3B+ ??? HOW do i do the Install/?

• Sorry, but I'm new to the Raspberry Pi World... But I need to Replace my OLD dying Kodi box (running Helix), and the Newer Kodi Versions have a UPnP bug....

So after a lot of research, I want to try LibreElec which has an archived Old Version with Kodi Isengard ...
    (at least I think that is what is in this image file??)

I ran into a post that advised that old images may require a Firmware update to run properly... as I'm using a Brand new Pi 3B+, I think I need this help.

Also, will there be any other issue to be addressed to get this running??

I need any Step by step directions and non-techie advice I can get. All Help will be gratefully accepted.

This is the Image I'm hoping to load >>>
    libreelec-rpi2.arm-6.95.2.img.gz

With Thanks,
    CS

• What UPnP bug?

That image will not work. Old kernel and old firmware.

KODI's newer versions seem to have a problem seeing and opening All Folder Content using UPnP.
    I have an old Kodi Box running Kodi Helix 14.2, with NO problems, other than it seems to be burning itself out from Built In obsolesce or old Age... It is crashing a lot these days. Plus I bought a Newer Smart TV and wanted to use the KODI GUI to access my Content for the Newer TV....

BTW.... I use the Box and Kodi, exclusively for streaming Local content to my Old & DUMB Samsung TV from my many local hard drives and extensive content collection. I NEVER Use KODI Addons, or stream any content from the internet from them. I don't Play games, I have no Interest in Sports.. I just want to stream by my local content by WiFi, from my Win10 PC.

I have purchased several newer Kodi Boxes... One running Jarvis, and One running Krypton, and a Raspberry Pi with the Latest version of OSMC running Leia (Alpha), and in ALL Cases I find that though Kodi will connect to my UMS UPnP server, and show All the Top-Level Folder content on the various hard-drives, once I start to drill down through the Folders to actual content, about 50% (or Greater) just show Blank content, even though my Helix Box shows it still all there and playable. The "Activity Gear" starts to work in some cases, but not all... Most Blank Folders show NO Gear activity at all.

If I can't get KODI to work properly, (and there seems to be NO Help available for this on the Kodi forums, or OSMC) I will have to try to Run Plex.. which is a server I hate and really don't want to install on my PC.

Any ideas ???

• I just want to stream by my local content by WiFi, from my Win10 PC

You can try installing 8.90.009 first (because of the firmware), and then downgrade to 6.95.2 on your RPi3B+, but there is a chance that you will still not have a fully functional Raspberry Pi. Wifi+Bluetooth may not work as they are newer than RPi hardware available at that time, plus there is a (slightly) different GPU on this RPi device.

Or maybe the UMS server is not following the UPnP protocol to the letter... Have you tried a different one? Just wondering.

• Downgrading will produce more trouble than it solves. Use the current stable LibreELEC, and find out what happens when you go deep into file hierarchy.

Create the file advancedsettings.xml at .kodi/userdata, and add this lines:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
      <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>

When you get those blackouts, grab the kodi.log (now set to log level 1) from .kodi/temp, and analyze it with us.