Black Screen when turning on NUC from resume

• I have two Intel i5 NUCs (old 3rd gen). They are both running LE 8.2.5 and work perfectly except for 1 minor annoyance. On one NUC, when turned on (wake from suspend) - I get a black screen on the TV. When I toggle the input selector on my Yamaha AVR to another input and back to the NUC, the picture appears. It does this about 90% of the time and it's getting annoying. The second NUC only does this about 10% of the time. (different model Sony TV and different brand AVR).

I control both NUC's with Harmony 650 remotes and have added the max delay to turning the NUC on last but it still hasn't fixed this issue.

Both TV's are Sony LCD's. One is 10 years old and the other is 3 yrs old. The NUC's feed AVR's via hdmi and the AVR's feeds the TV's via hdmi.

The Harmony 650's each have a custom macro program to turn on the TV, AVR and NUC with the press of one button.

Is there a way to add an additional delay to turning on LE from suspend - say 1 to 5 additional seconds ? I'm guessing this is an HDMI handshake issue but I'm not positive.

Any help is appreciated.

• I think I fixed my issue !

Since my Intel NUC's are quite old (3rd gen), they don't contain an IR Receiver, so I was using the popular HP USB IR Receiver sold on ebay for around $10 new.

I ordered a generic (much smaller) USB IR Receiver (model IR603) and use it instead of the HP receiver. I have turned my NUC on and off about a dozen times over the last few days and not once did I have a black screen. The other benefit of this cheap generic IR receiver is the sensitivity. It's FAR better than the HP. I can point my Harmony 650 in almost any direction and don't have to aim it like I was before. Here are pictures of the two IR Receivers