SMB Server not running

• I originally had openelec with my files on the openelec server shared to other computers using samba server on openelec. I upgraded the server to libreelec 8.2.5.

Since then I haven't been able to get any devices to see the libreelec samba server. Running the "systemctl restart smbd" command gives no output at all.

Is there more I can do to see why the SMB server service won't run?

• LibreELEC defaults to SMBv2 because SMBv1 is simply Swiss cheese in terms of computer security. Google for WannaCry for example.

You could set it back to SMBv1 in the LibreELEC Settings Addon, but it is obviously not recommended. OpenELEC likely only supports v1.

SMBv1 basically requires full credentials, thus name plus password, and it no longer supports network browsing. Meaning you will have to use the "Add a network location..." option for connecting to SMB video/music/picture sources.

• SMBv2 basically requires full credentials, thus name plus password, and it no longer supports network browsing. Meaning you will have to use the "Add a network location..." option for connecting to SMB video/music/picture sources.

Minor typo in the above...