Mount /storage from image

• Hi! I'm wondering if it's posible to mount the /storage folder from an image file instead of from a partition. With image file I mean a file mounted in loop mode, having write access and with a fixed or dinamic size (the same as virtual machines hard disks files). Maybe with a mount command at startup? Or mount with bind option. Thanks.

• There's no reason it couldn't be done, but the current system init script doesn't support loop mounts so you'd need to customise it with the required functions to make it work. I'm not sure what you're really trying to achieve, but there's probably an easier route.

• Thanks for the answer :) I'm trying to install LE along with Android in the nand of an Amlogic box (Mecool Ki Pro) to make a dualboot system. I already managed to do that with my own aml_autoscript and copying SYSTEM in Android's /system and using /data as /storage for LE, but this way the /storage is shared between the two operating systems and cause troubles when it's time to do either a Hard Reset in LE, or factory reset in Android, ending with a reset for both systems xD.

So I was finding a way to "isolate" the LE files, so I can make a flasheable ZIP that do the factory reset of Android by erasing all files except the LE image. However, I don't know if having the /storage inside a image file will slow down the performance of the system.

I think I'll have to find the way to create another partition for LE storage.

• My $0.02 suggestion would be to purchase a high-speed SD card and run LE from the SD card. On a fast SD card the performance difference isn't significant and spending some time to tune remote control timings (or using a better remote) will have a far bigger impact on how the GUI feels than the underlying storage medium.