Wireless Access Point & Android

• I have a LibreElec setup on a raspberry pi 3 with the tethered "Wireless Access Point enabled. I'm able to connect my phone to the Pi without any issues. However android detects the Pi does not have internet connection and send out all the data through my mobile connection. Because of this I'm unable to use applications such as Yatse or Kore to control Kodi. The only work around I have found is to disable my mobile data on the phone. Disabling the mobile data prevents me from receiving text or phone calls on my phone.

Has anybody found a way to control kodi through the wifi of their phone and leave the mobile data enabled to receive calls?

• It sounds like the problem is with your phone not the LE device - it's the phone's decision to incorrectly route data. We consider the code behind the hotspot feature to be well proven and stable (not thousands of daily users, but a few hundred at least) and if there was a general issue we'd be seeing more bug reports, and we're not.

• I do not disagree that it's an issue with the phone. I was curious if others had ran across this issue and how the they resolved it. I originally looked for a solution searching forums for the phone but was unsuccessful so I decided to reach out to this community for ideas.