Wetek Core - TrueHD bitstream output possible?

• Hi,

I'm running the latest stable LibreElec version on my Wetek Core.

The box is connected via HDMI to my AVR.

When trying to play a video with a TrueHD audio track, I don't get any audio output at all (the video plays fine).

Audio playback works as expected when I play the file on my Blu-ray player.

TrueHD capable receiver is active in the system audio settings.

Is the Wetek Core generally capable of TrueHD bitstream output and I'm only have some wrong settings?

Or is this a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

• I searched for this for a long time and there is no information almost on the internet. I will leave the answer for someone who is looking for. I bought a cheap X96 Mini box, possible fake box by the price, still a S905W processor.

With the Libreelec 9.0.2 I get full TrueHD and DTS MA HD audio on my receiver. Just enabled the Pass Thru and all started to work.

Just remember you won't see the receiver show DTS-MA or TrueHD. Just the PCM but the audio is full HD.

• Official Post

Is the Wetek Core generally capable of TrueHD bitstream output and I'm only have some wrong settings?

It's technically capable under Android but I forget whether it ever worked under Linux. I know we fixed the kernel audio presentation to Kodi under the 3.14 kernel but I'm not sure if the work was ever fully backported to 3.10.