Posts by hellspawn

Hi,

I just wanted to give Leia a test run and created a new SD card with the Beta 3 release for my Wetek Core.

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to get digital audio out of this box at this stage.

I only see two audio devices available, one being "ALSA ...something... Analog" and the other one is the PulseAudio Bluetooth output device.

Also none of the audio passthrough options are available (which, I think, is a result of the missing digital audio device).

My Wetek Core is connected via HDMI to my AVR (Denon AVR4810). Rebooting the Wetek doesn't change anything.

Is this a known issue? Did I miss something?

TIA,

Sebastian

Hi,

I'm running the latest stable LibreElec version on my Wetek Core.

The box is connected via HDMI to my AVR.

When trying to play a video with a TrueHD audio track, I don't get any audio output at all (the video plays fine).

Audio playback works as expected when I play the file on my Blu-ray player.

TrueHD capable receiver is active in the system audio settings.

Is the Wetek Core generally capable of TrueHD bitstream output and I'm only have some wrong settings?

Or is this a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Hi,

I'm using LE 8.2.3 on a Wetek Core which is connected via HDMI to my AVR (Denon AVR 4810).

A while ago I noticed that certain videos with 5.1 audio only playback with 2.0 audio, while others do play as 5.1.

After some digging, it seems that videos that are identified by Kodi as having 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus audio are output as 2.0.

Videos with "standard" Dolby Digital 5.1 audio are output as 5.1 as expected.

Does anyone have an idea why this is the case?

Is there a setting that I can tweak? Is it a limitation of LE? Or the Wetek? The connection? The AVR?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Sync Playback to Display was indeed enabled - disabling it didn't change anything, though.
    I checked the audio settings again and tried different settings for "Output Configuration" (Fixed/Optimized/Best Match).
    It must have been on Fixed - Optimized and Best Match resulted in the return of the audio bitstream :)

Thanks a lot for your help! Who knows how long it would have taken me to figure that out by myself...

Sebastian

Hi,

I have a Wetek Core with LibreElec on a microSD card; connected via HDMI to my AVR.
    I switched from 7.03 to 7.90.010 a few days ago (backup'd and restored my settings - all went very smoothly).
    However, I noticed that I somehow have lost bitstream audio output, i.e. the Core is decoding everything into 2.0 stereo (I'm guessing PCM, but I'll have to check).
    I have (and had) set all the "AVR is capable of decoding DD/DTS" switches in Kodi.

What did I miss?

Sebastian

Hi,
    I had a little time to play today...
    I installed an (unofficial) OpenElec image from wetekforums member xaro to NAND.
    This did work, but it seemed to hang during the boot process (the openelec logo never disappeared).
    Maybe because it was a development image...

Anyway, I flashed the LE 7.0.1 image afterwards and it decided to work then.
    No idea why.

Sebastian

Hi,

so far I've been booting LE on my wetek.core from an sd card and I thought it's about time to install it into the internal NAND.
    I've downloaded the current 7.0.1 image, extracted it on a FAT-formatted sd card and inserted it into the wetek.
    I pushed the update button at the wetek's bottom and held it while I plugged the power cable back in.
    The update routine started (the android droid and a progress bar appeared).
    I went out of the room for a moment and when I came back, I saw an error message "sh: can't access tty: job control turned off" and a root prompt ("#").
    When I reboot the device, I always land there.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

TIA,
    Sebastian

Hi,

I own a Wetek.core since a few weeks now.
    At first I ran it on OpenElec but switched to LibreElec when v7.0.0 was released and I'm on 7.0.1 now.
    I have Kodi set up to switch refresh rates according to the source material, so mostly it's 24p playback.
    24p plays smoothly until I seek within the video (i.e. +30s or sth. like that).
    After the seek playback is very "unsmooth", it's almost as if it's not synced to the display anymore.
    I've tried all of the "sync playback to display" options without any changes, though.
    I have to stop the video and restart it, resuming at the last position to get smooth 24p playback again.
    I had this with OpenElec too, so it's probably a Kodi issue?

Does anyone else have this? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!