display pixel change recently

• When I first installed LibreELEC and PVR-mythtv plugin it worked perfectly. Today I noticed that the TV was chopping off a little on both sides and top/bottom.

So I was missing channel numbers on the TV Guide and some of the options were partially lost on setup. My TV Picture settings have not been modified. Just set for Standard or Normal depending on the subject matter I'm watching.

I have the RP3 B+ plugged into the Denon A/V receiver and the receiver is plugged into the TV.

The TV is a Samsung Smart TV Model UN58MU6070.

I have rebooted the RP3 with not change. I do have an Intel NUC on another HDMI input and It's running Xubuntu 18.04 and it completely fills the screen without missing pixels.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jim A

• The RPi has a setting in its config.txt file for disabling overscan.

Add a line to config.txt

Code
    disable_overscan=1

Also bypass the A/V receiver if the problem persists.

• Before I read your reply, I checked my other RP3 on a old Sony HD TV and it didn't have the problem. So since both RP3's are identical, I went back to the Samsung TV setting. Somehow on the input for the RP3, the picture settings had a setting that was grayed out but you could select it. The 'fit-to-screen' setting was 'auto', I changed it to 'on' and problem solved. So for now, I'll not change the config.txt setting you mentioned.

Thanks,

Jim A