Play Pause Question

• Hi all,

Just installed TvH (Version 4.2.5) on my TX92 LE Box (version 8.2.3.1) and I have a question regarding pause and play buttons.

The TX92 IR remote has no pause or play buttons which is a bit annoying. I have now added the TX92/Vorke Z6 to my Harmony Remote thinking I could use the Harmony Play/Pause buttons, however it appears I need a remote with Play/Pause to teach the Harmony. And, as the TX92 does not have these buttons that option is out.

Is there another way to do this?

TIA

Greg

• The default Kodi keymap uses the enter key in keymaps.xml so that you press enter while highlighting a movie to play, and during a movie if you press enter the OSD comes up with play/pause pre-selected so pressing enter pauses, pressing enter again unpauses.

I'd set the harmony to be a normal MCE remote and it should "just work" with a standard-ish LE image using meson-ir that understands MCE command, or worst case you can create a custom keymap on the LE side that understands all the harmony keypresses. You won't be able to teach the harmony play/pause without something that sends play/pause.

• Microsoft "Media Centre Edition" was a short lived version of some older Win release. Lots of manufacturers shipped "MCE" compatible remotes with their boxes and Harmony can replicate the standard remote. I can't give more specific instructions about configuring Harmony devices as I have never owned one (nor do I plan to get one).