Muxes from UK transmitters out of date

• Hi

Just to let you know that I have the new Raspberry Pi TV Tuner working with a RPi Zero W running LibreELEC. This works well streaming live TV to various devices around the house.

However, the information in the uk-Midhurst database entry is at least 7 months out-of-date. The channel and mux lists were updated as of 21-Mar-2018.

The latest (24-Oct-2018) list is as follows:

Chan Service Freq-MHz

29 Arq B 538

33 SDN 570

48 BBCA 690

54 D3&4 738

59 Arq A 778

58 BBCB 770 DVB-T2(HD)

The wrong data caused me much consternation and head scratching but I eventually realised the problem.

Thanks for the pared-down OS.

Smudged

• Unfortunately this sort of thing is always going to happen ... and it's not going to get any better until after 2020 in the UK when all of the change over has taken place.

It might be worth mentioning this in the tvheadend forum as a developer might be able to update it.

• Yes - there are a lot of changes going on in the UK at the moment.

COM7 and COM8 - the two 'temporary' HD muxes that seem to have lasted for quite a while (they carry BBC News HD, BBC Four HD/CBeebies HD etc.) are migrating to a UK-wide SFN (Single Frequency Network) on channels 55 and 56.

(This is out-of-band for many existing aerials - so if your analogue-era aerial was fine for Freeview, but you find you've now lost some of these channels, it could be because your aerial is now not effective enough at their new frequencies. We've lost both muxes in West London from Crystal Palace - presumably because we have a 20+ year old Group A aerial...)