Can't figure out how to access local hard drives

• Hi, I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure out what to do.

I just installed Libreelec kodi onto a an i3 box that I was using as a windows media PC (running Kodi). Just wanted to give it a go really, I have an AMlogic box on the way too.

Everything is installed and running fine but I can't figure out how to access the local hard drives that are in the system. There are 5 hard disks in the box connected by SATA. All the forum threads I have found mostly address network issues but they seem to suggest that Libreelec would just mount the local hard disks on boot normally? Or do I have to mount them manually? Or are they mounted somewhere in the filesystem and I just need to look in the right spot?

There was also some talk about Windows not unmounting the drives properly or something but not sure if this applies here?

Again apologies if this is really simple but I am just not sure where to begin.

• LibreELEC will auto-mount every internally attached local drives, IF... they don't contain any major harddisk errors or are still in Windows' suspend or hibernation mode. Also having multiple harddisks with no disk label or identical disk labels can pose a problem for LE.

With LibreELEC, you can try and find your internal drive(s) via Videos/Files and the media path.

The best answers can be found if you are able to access your i3 box running Kodi via SSH, the backdoor through which a lot of trouble shooting can be done.

• Okay thank you very much, I'll check for errors in Windows and also follow some of the steps I found recently to help windows to release the drives (turning fastboot off etc.)

Then access via SSH and have a look what is going on there.

I didn't know what behaviour to expect so at least now I know that LE will auto-mount if I can resolve the issues.

• Klojum thank you for your help, I turned fastboot off in the windows power settings, this released the drives from hibernation mode in Windows and they show up in LE now.

I can't believe how fast and smooth Kodi is using LE instead of Windows, I may not even use the Mecool box I have on the way now if the LE system proves to be more stable than windows was.

• LibreELEC is using a small vanilla Linux OS with only the necessary bells and whistles, it doesn't have the bloated background noise of Windows and its background processes. Hence also the 512MB system partition for LibreELEC vs the current 20+GB for a today's Windows 10 installation. But then again, they are totally different beasts.

I'm glad the fix for your problem was easy.