FLAC playback fails

• Hi!

Have had some issues with certain albums not playing and just figured out that it's due to the FLAC version the albums is encoded with.

For example my "Dan Reed Network" album is encoded with libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917.. and it's not working (playback failed).

The album "Slam" (same artist, Dan Reed Network) is encoded using libFLAC 1.3.2 20170101.. and that one works.
    I re-encoded another album from 1.2.1 to 1.3.2 and imported it to the collection. The 1.3.2 version works.

Anyone else with similar problem and is there a solution to it, besides re-encoding?

Regards // Roger

• Just a thought - I don't think that FLAC audio encoding itself will generally be the problem, but maybe it is exposing a problem elsewhere. For example, could it be related to the tagging? Maybe the tagging format or content is slightly different in the newer files. Did you transcode from FLAC encoded using 1.2.1 to FLAC using 1.3.2 or did you re-encode from some other format? If you aren't familiar with it, take a look at dBpoweramp and try batch encoding a bunch of files. It's pretty quick, very little work, and it may help. The tags will be retained and embedded in the newer file.

• Current LibreElec is version 8.2.5. I tried to revert back to 8.2.0 without any change in playback. Alpha is an option I haven't tried yet.
    The FLAC files have all the same setup when it comes to tags (content), but I will take a closer look if I can detect any difference in version of mp3tag that I'm using.When I got the test album working I decoded the FLAC files from 1.2.1 and then encoded them using version 1.3.2,
    To encode I use: FLAC - download with GUI: New FLAC Frontend