Windows to LE .Kodi backup/restore v. LE Kodi+ system update/restore

• I think I understand .kodi folder backup /restore, but how about backup/restore with LE updates including add-ons/Docker?

So here is what I want:

1. Have Leia beta2 installed on my Win7 laptop, with add-ons and settings. No library items, just online streaming for now.

2. I can use the Kodi Backup add-on to backup the updated .Kodi from Windows to GDrive or USB stick.

Then I can restore on LE S905 box that already has Kodi Backup add on installed.

Question: Is there an SSH way to update .Kodi from Windows PC to S905 LE?

3. Now I further update LE with installation and configuration of LE (and Kodi) add-ons plus LE Docker add-ons.

Questions:

A. This means I can backup up Kodi + LE via the LE > System >System and Kodi Backup & Restore menu as a date.tar file?

B. Also that the Kodi Backup will only backup the . Kodi folder with Kodi add-ons updates and settings in a zip file?

4. I should then be able to use the respective 3A .kodi.zip and 3B date.tar files and restore to another S905 LE box (with fresh LE Leia installed) via respective Kodi Backup add-on and LE System and Kodi Backup&Restore menus?

• The problem with cross-platform backup/restore is that Win/Mac/Linux/Android share ~90% of their configuration, but ~10% is platform specific and may cause Kodi to choke on things during startup. Kodi doesn't claim to support it; neither do we. The additional issue with Win > Linux is Windows\paths\are\like\this and Linux/paths/are/like/that, so all media in DB files has an invalid path. It's not technically impossible to correct things, but it's not particularly simple either (and we don't provide guides for things we don't support).

The LE backup function will capture any Docker containers installed via our addon repo. It won't capture anything stored elsewhere on /storage as the backup script only archives /storage/.kodi, /storage/.config and /storage/.cache. To backup/restore with our files, use our backup/restore function (in the settings addon). We don't test restore of our backup files with other Kodi addons so YMMV. At the end of the day LE backups are just a tar file, so doing things manually just requires you to run tar commands.

• The problem with cross-platform backup/restore is that Win/Mac/Linux/Android share ~90% of their configuration, but ~10% is platform specific and may cause Kodi to choke on things during startup. Kodi doesn't claim to support it; neither do we. The additional issue with Win > Linux is Windows\paths\are\like\this and Linux/paths/are/like/that, so all media in DB files has an invalid path. It's not technically impossible to correct things, but it's not particularly simple either (and we don't provide guides for things we don't support).

The LE backup function will capture any Docker containers installed via our addon repo. It won't capture anything stored elsewhere on /storage as the backup script only archives /storage/.kodi, /storage/.config and /storage/.cache. To backup/restore with our files, use our backup/restore function (in the settings addon). We don't test restore of our backup files with other Kodi addons so YMMV. At the end of the day LE backups are just a tar file, so doing things manually just requires you to run tar commands.

Ok, appreciate the details.

So I will assume that using LE settings backup/restore will work fine with all Kodi, Docker and LE add-ons and configurations.

Of course you can't speak for Kodi Backup tool that has cloud backup/restore :P