bluetooth gamepad not recognized

• I'm using rk3328 community build for my mvr9 box and I'm able to connect my bluetooth gen game s3 game pad, but it's not recognized in kodi.

I'm thankful for every hint.

kernel log

http://ix.io/1nry

udev rule

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="GEN GAME", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

This is the debug log

http://ix.io/1ni4

• Looks like the device is not recognized.

Code
    20:41:32.545 T:3946808176   ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: ScanEvents: failed to read joystick "GEN GAME" on /dev/input/js0 - 19 (No such device)

It also looks like you may be having power issues. Try using a powered hub and see if this improves things.

Otherwise it may just be a issue with the rk3328 build which is always a possibility with such a new build.

• Looks like the device is not recognized.

Code
    20:41:32.545 T:3946808176   ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: ScanEvents: failed to read joystick "GEN GAME" on /dev/input/js0 - 19 (No such device)

It also looks like you may be having power issues. Try using a powered hub and see if this improves things.

Otherwise it may just be a issue with the rk3328 build which is always a possibility with such a new build.

It's a bluetooth controller, so no hub possible.

Do you have a hint how to dig deeper? As already mentioned, controller worked fine on rpi3.