Error running on HP Thinclient T510 with VX900 chipset?

• Hi,

I'm trying to use my HP T510 as a Kodi media center with Libreelec.

I'm booting from a USB stick, all fine, get

ok for Xorg server started etc ...

but once I get

ok Started kodi media center

ok Reached target Kodi media center interface

I get

Failed to start Xorg

Is your GPU supported?

and then it loops ...

Any idea's how to fix this?

Thanks,

Luc

• Hi,

sorry for my late reply, was "off grid"

I already have a RPI 3B and that's working fine, use it everyday, thanks.

However, as I wanted to have an extra one for my daughter, and I have a few HP T510 available I thought I will give it a try.

I know there're some issues with the driver but now there seems to be a driver "OpenChrome" available for the VX900 in Linux so any idea if I somehow could install this in Libreelec?

Cheers,

Luc

• "Installing a driver" in LibreELEC is not an option. The LibreELEC setup consists of two big read-only 'blob' system and kernel files.

If you want to add video drivers, you will need to take the source of LibreELEC, add the necessary VIA graphics drivers (and possibly other stuff), and recompile all of it into a new LibreELEC image.

That's a lot to ask for a single LibreELEC user.

• Mind you, I certainly didn't expect you(r team) to do this. I understand you can't make hundreds of flavors to accommodate every single user.

I just thought that would be something (with a little help of course) I could do myself through console. Modifying a source, recompiling , etc... is way above my pay grade LOL. To a layman it always looks simpler than it actually is ;)

Maybe I will give a "full extended" Linux distro a go and install kodi on that, or even give it a try to install Kodi on the embedded Windows (7) standard.

Thanks anyway for your insight.

Cheers,

Luc