Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• I have an Orange Pi PC. When I tried to download the version for Orange Pi PC plus, it was not available. So I used the version for Orange Pi 2 and replaced the DTB with the one for Orange Pi PC from jernej's latest build in his repository. I could see no problems. Was I just lucky? Otherwise maybe it would make sense to unite the Orange Pi H3 versions. With updates in jernej's repository it worked. Or is it not possible to determine the hardware at first installation? With Rasberry Pi it seems to be possible, there is one installer with different DTBs for Model A,B,B+.

Sadly the HEVC files from German DVB-T2 still don't work. The first time after the start of Kodi it is decoded for a few seconds until it stops. After that all files from that source just display a green screen.

Keep up the great work, jernej !

• Kristian There are only few RaspberryPi boards with common design, whereas H3 boards have design differences. For example, your case works, because OPi PC and OPi PC Plus are similar enough, but you can't boot from eMMC now (if it would be supported).

No, it's not possible to make totally universal image due to possible differences in DRAM controller initialization. There is simply not enough space to cram in all possible initializations and detection code.

About HEVC, not much work has been done in a long time on it. I hit a wall there and moved to other aspects of LibreELEC. Still a ton of work to do...

• There was an issue with copying files from our build system to hosting server. It should be resolved few hours back, so in about a day, you should see all images at once.

Let's hope it works well now.
    Anyway, don't you think it's time to update the OP?
    Also, please tell us the known bugs as of now; you said you'd tell us about some known issues with nightly builds..

• Anyway, don't you think it's time to update the OP?
    Also, please tell us the known bugs as of now; you said you'd tell us about some known issues with nightly builds..

Not exactly, links still works and linked images still have same issues.

Currently nightlies are not so different, so they have same issues as stated here in OP, but once this topic will be abandoned, I'll make new (sticky?) topic which will track all known issues. Anyway, until image uploading is not fixed, it's not practical to switch to nightlies.

TBH, I dislike very long topics like this when information get quickly lost and people ask same thing over and over again. Example for this topic are RTL8189ES/FS wifi drivers and eMMC installation, which is explained in OP anyway.

• Hi jernej

I just received my Pine H64, I try your release but my H64 do not boot. I am able to see the Libreelec logo, I have the file resizing information and suddenly I have the message "Disabling IRQ #95" and that's all, libreelec stop loading..

Do you have an idea why this happen ?

Thank you for your help !

• Official Post

I just received my Pine H64, I try your release but my H64 do not boot. I am able to see the Libreelec logo, I have the file resizing information and suddenly I have the message "Disabling IRQ #95" and that's all, libreelec stop loading..

Do you have an idea why this happen ?

No clue. I often test PineH64 image (although not clean image) and I never noticed such error. Did you try another SD card?

• Ok ! Thank you.

That's weird because the same sd card work really well with Armbian... I will do others tests.

Now that I have your confirmation that you don't have problem with this image, I will try others use cases to find the problem.

• hostkit that's strange. Can you unplug all USB devices during boot and try again? OrangePi Plus 2E is my main H3 testing board and I never noticed such issue.

Only ethernet and fan. Not connected to another device or Maybe my adaptor broken?

Edited once, last by hostkit (May 3, 2019 at 1:31 PM).

• some one knows/test connect led tv to opi (LibreELEC) without cable hdmi/rca like chromecast, anycast. So we can connect using wireless and opi board safe from children ^^

• Hi jernej

Ok, now I am able to boot my Pine H64 on my PC monitor but as soon as I connect it to my 4K television I am unable to get an image. Probably because it use a resolution not supported by my television.

This is my log : http://ix.io/1hxi

Is it possible to force a resolution via command line ? I am able to ssh my pine H64.

Edited once, last by mike2002 (May 4, 2019 at 4:03 AM).

• I think it's because the default resolution is 4096*2160

PineH64:~ # fbset

mode "4096x2160-0"

# D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz

geometry 4096 2160 4096 2160 32

timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

accel true

rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0

endmode

• Official Post

I think it's because the default resolution is 4096*2160

Pick nightly image from here: Index of /

4K@60Hz was certainly an issue at some point and I'm not sure if it is fixed in image linked in this topic but it's certainly fixed in nightly image (most of the time I test on 4K TV). Currently it will force 4K@30Hz in this case because I can't locate the issue for enabling high speed link in HDMI driver, but I'm close.

• Hi jernej !

I tested the last nightly image and the image is not working. I always have a Kernel Panic. So I tested the nightly image I download may 1st and I have exaclty the same problem, no image on my 4k tv but work well on my 1080p monitor.

I did another test, habitually everything pass through my Denon AVR, I always test my SBCs like that without problem. This time I tested to plug my H6 directly to my TV without passing through my AVR and everything work. I will continue to test your next images to see if the problem disappear.

I have buy this device only to have fun so it's not a problem to wait until all work correctly. Let me know if I can help you with some tests.