Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Hi,

Orange Pi Plus 2, especially in standby, freezes completely at random times. It doesn't turn on without removing the adapter and reinserting it. When the system freezes, the green light on the computer also goes out.. Any of you guys having this problem ?

Hi again,

I'm the only one who's having this problem?

• I uploaded new images and updates. What's new:

- updated U-Boot on images (general update file doesn't update U-Boot)

- docker addon should work now without issues (cleaning of old config files may be needed)

- kernel 5.0.2

- H6 SoC is now supported

- [email protected] now works without issues H3 and A64

eTerNal_cRy probably there are not much OPi Plus 2 users.

• No, there is no support for TV out for H3 on either, Linux and U-Boot. Not much is missing in both cases, just consensus on some implementation details. Either way, U-Boot driver doesn't help at all in this case.

Disclaimer: I'm the one who worked upon U-Boot driver for H3 TV out, but I lost interest.

jernej Ok. Thanks for reply.

• Any Chance to get this image running on an Orange Pi 3 (H6)?

I launched on Orange Pi One Plus, but built-in ethernet card not working. External ethernet card worked wery liked! Mali 720 worked, but 1024x768

• I tried to install this and earlier images but the orange pi pc wont boot. I used several sd cards with no luck. An ubuntu 16.04 image is booting with no problems. So the orange pi pc should work.

This is the output from serial console

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by mr_d ().

Sure, someone just has to write a DT file (hardware description file). As mmad11 already noticed, there are subtle differences in board design which prevents to have single image for all of them. I don't have board (yet) so I can't write that file.

mr_d Can you remove console=tty1 and quiet from extlinux/extlinux.conf file on FAT32 partition? That way you should get much more detailed output on serial console.

• jernej

Thanks for your reply

This is the whole output when Orange pi pc is booting into libreelec.

output_serial_console.txt

At the last row output stops and is showing the cursor.

There is no output on HDMI, screen is blank. The green led on the board is on, the red led is off.

• mr_d

Can you try if appending drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin to the same line you removed that two parameters I mentioned in previous post helps?

• jernej

I add this in config file but nothing changed.

extlinux.conf:

LABEL LibreELEC

LINUX /KERNEL

FDT /sun8i-h3-orangepi-pc.dtb

APPEND boot=UUID=2103-3042 disk=UUID=f9d49f22-9a8c-4afe-9759-7d245eaf6197 console=ttyS0,115200 drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin

It seems to be a problem with the HDMI output. Are there any other options?

I changed sd card, power supply and HDMI cable, nothing helps.

• mr_d

Remove drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin and add drm.debug=0xe instead.

Then provide output of following commands:

Code
    1. dmesg
    2. cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary
    3. edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid
  • chewitt

I add "video=HDMI-A-1:[email protected]" to the config file and now I get a picture on the monitor.

But the output on serial console is the same as before. The cursor stands at the last row "Reached target Kodi Mediacenter Interface".

Is this correct?

jernej

I'll test this update now.