VNC Server doesn't recognize mouse movement

• I've just updated a Raspberry Pi 3 from Kodi Krypton to Kodi Leia (LibreELEC 8.0.004.) I've been using VNC connections for a desktop connection as well as BitVise for an SSL-protected telnet connection to the headless Raspberry Pi with Krypton. Although the VNC connection works for the display and keyboard, the mouse doesn't work. Running dmesg from the telnet session shows the following:

5.123863] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: no DMA platform data
    [ 6.036099] input: VNCServer Mouse as /devices/virtual/input/input0
    [ 6.037203] input: VNCServer Keyboard as /devices/virtual/input/input1

The mouse icon is generally trapped at the upper left of the screen. This wasn't a problem with Libreelec 7.50 (I think it was).

The mouse (left button) is seen, but when it's seen, Kodi still sees the mouse as in the upper left hand corner of the screen, even if I've used the keyboard to move the active window to another icon. If I take control with the keyboard and start using arrow keys to navigate, the mouse icon disappears and the active control changes as expected. If I then set the little "x" curser onto the active icon, and click the mouse button, the large Kodi arrow reappears at the upper left and the active control disappears. So.....it's obvious that the program is receiving some data from the mouse, but the mouse x-y coordinates aren't being translated as the mouse moves.

Thanks.

RodinMe

Edited once, last by rprior04938: More to Add. (September 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM).

• Maybe the same issue over here:

• After upgrading to 8.95.002 from 8.2.5, I can not control Kodi over VNC with my iPad.
    • downgrading to 8.2.5 via ssh did not solve the problem

I am not shure, if it is completely the same, since the desktop is displayed quite dark, so I can‘t see where the cursor is, and I don‘t have a keyboard, obviously.