Posts by rprior04938

I've just updated a Raspberry Pi 3 from Kodi Krypton to Kodi Leia (LibreELEC 8.0.004.) I've been using VNC connections for a desktop connection as well as BitVise for an SSL-protected telnet connection to the headless Raspberry Pi with Krypton. Although the VNC connection works for the display and keyboard, the mouse doesn't work. Running dmesg from the telnet session shows the following:

5.123863] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: no DMA platform data
    [ 6.036099] input: VNCServer Mouse as /devices/virtual/input/input0
    [ 6.037203] input: VNCServer Keyboard as /devices/virtual/input/input1

The mouse icon is generally trapped at the upper left of the screen. This wasn't a problem with Libreelec 7.50 (I think it was).

The mouse (left button) is seen, but when it's seen, Kodi still sees the mouse as in the upper left hand corner of the screen, even if I've used the keyboard to move the active window to another icon. If I take control with the keyboard and start using arrow keys to navigate, the mouse icon disappears and the active control changes as expected. If I then set the little "x" curser onto the active icon, and click the mouse button, the large Kodi arrow reappears at the upper left and the active control disappears. So.....it's obvious that the program is receiving some data from the mouse, but the mouse x-y coordinates aren't being translated as the mouse moves.

Thanks.

RodinMe

I'd like to add the following comment: Azeam's instructions above pertain most directly to a non-Windows computer (Linux, Unix, Mac, etc.) The above file needs to be added to the boot partition of the Libreelec SD card. You can use a Windows machine as well, but you need to know where to put the file. It's not labeled on my Windows machine as Azeam shows it. The boot partition is a VFAT partition and (at least on my SD card) is small - around 500 MBytes.) Because it's a VFAT partition, it can be seen, written and read by either pretty much any computer or OS - Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. If you're using Windows as a computer to edit the SD card, Notepad++ is a safe word processor to read and write Unix/Linux style text files (which end lines with only a line feed, unlike Windows which uses a line feed/carriage return pair). If you have a multi-booted Raspberry Pi as do I, you need to look around a little to find the right partition. Also, if you mount the SD card on your Windows machine, the machine will find a number of separate virtual drives on the card, some of which it will say aren't formatted and many or all of which may be only labeled as "Disk X..." If they're not formatted, DON'T LET WINDOWS FORMAT THEM. THEY ARE LINUX EXT4-FORMATED PARTITIONS.

My Windows machine doesn't find the partition LibreElec boot partition labeled as "storage" or "boot" but rather simply as "Disk I." In order to identify the correct Libreelec boot partition, you'll want to find a USB drive that you can open. Look for a file called os_config.json and open it using Notepad or Notepad++. If the description says Libreelec, you're in the right place. You can then follow Azeam's instructions, above.

One other thing: if you want to get to your Raspberry Pi via SSH, you'll need a file on the boot directory called "SSH". It can be empty. SSH will need to have been already configured