Cannot play audio through LibreElec Kodi 17.4

• Hello

I am, trying to play audio using LE Kodi 17.4 through a USB BT dongle to a Bluetooth speaker

I have tested all the hw componets: USB dongle, BT speaker by successfully playing msuic from Kodi 17.4 running on Windows 10.

On the Raspberry PI B+ I can configure Kodi to connect to a Bluetooth Keyboard and the BT loudspeaker. The keyboard conenction is stable and persists but the loudspeaker connects then disconects after a few seconds. I have audio output set to PulseAudio,

So I am trying to understand why the BT to the speaker disconnects on the Rpi but connections to other BT devices are stable.

Logfile link:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What a sadly predictable and unhelpful response

Let me write this slowly so you understand.

1. Yes, Windows and RPi are completely different architectures. I used as much of the same Bluetooth hardware to try and isolate the problem to the RPi and/or the software running on it. That’s what the words “I have tested all the hw components” is for. Rather than posting an equally unhelpful “sound does not work on Kodi” post – I have tried to isolate the problem.

2. I added a Kodi log file which is always requested

3. I mistakenly typed 17.4 for the Kodi version when I should have typed 17.6.

4. Your “Why stay with Kodi 17.4?” is completely unhelpful without any suggestion as what to do next. You might try to phrase such statements in a positive manner such as “Version 17.4 is a bit out of date. I suggest you install the latest version and try again then repost if the problem persists”. Answering a question with a question is an old, old IT guru tactic to try to establish where the power and authority lies in the relationship - when it is obvious if the person asking the question understood more then they would be able to answer their own question. Tedious.

Why is it that most IT people who inhabit forums and purport to be helpful are anything but?