Cannot Install TVHeadEnd within LibreElec VMWare Mount

• Hi,

I am getting an error installing TVHeadEnd on my LibreElec Kodi install, which is part of a VMWare Player mount. I am getting an error that it cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:9982. This is not the IP address given for my install in Kodi however. I am not sure what to do in order to correct the problem. I do not have the option to configure the install before installing it in Kodi. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• You installed the TVH client (pvr.hts) and it cannot connect to the local host (127.0.0.1). Did you install the TVH server addon?

Also be aware that the vmware image is not supported for production use (only test/dev work) and probably hasn't ever been tested in vmware player (only ESXi, Fusion, Workstation which staff have). YMMV.

• i was following an online video for installing which advised to install TVHE 4.2 from the services folder in the libreelec repo. that is what is failing to install. have attempted to install the wrong thing? if so, are there any installation instructions i can follow?

• The pvr.hts "failure to connect" warning is normal when there is no local tvheadend sever and you didn't configure the client to point to a server yet, but everything else half-visible in the screenshots just looks like a screwed up install; and considering it's an untested/unsupported platform that doesn't surprise me. There's a load of OpenGL related warnings .. maybe more. If you want a cheap HTPC device go purchase a Raspberry Pi for $30 and do things properly (seriously..)

• i am going to build a full home theatre build. i am just testing building an OS in a VM...ive got it working on an ubuntu install. was hoping to do like wise with libreelec...

• It's tested in vmware Fusion, Workstation and ESXi, e.g. the 'real' vmware apps. Player is not a fully featured vmware app and nobody on staff uses it so I'd make an educated guess that's where the issue lies. To be crystal clear.. we create the OVA for dev/test work only. If it happens to work for anything more that's nice but we don't provide any end-user support for it.