Not working ethernet on LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-Nightly...

• Hi,

i've just installed two lastest nightly build and the ethernet card is not recognized. I can only connect internet through wifi.

on previous unofficial LE for S912 machines, i used to use gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb (MEGA) for 2Gb ram and GIGABIT cards.

i've tried to change manually the .dtb file in the fat32 partition (i used all dtbs i can found), but it doesn't boot at all.

my tvbox:

Tvbox: Beelink GT1 Ultimate

GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3

UPC: Amlogic S912 ARM Cortex A53 Octacore

RAM: 3 GB DDR4 (really are 2GB: 1Gb is fake RAM)

ROM: eMMC 32 GB

Ethernet card: Realtek RTL8211F 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, and 1000Base-T IEEE 802.3 standards (i think)

Thankyou in advance.

• Development releases are prone to problems. Nightlys are just a snapshot of how far the current development has reached. Never use nightlys if you want a stable system.

• Development releases are prone to problems. Nightlys are just a snapshot of how far the current development has reached. Never use nightlys if you want a stable system.

true.

I've just installed LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.004.tar with same problem. I have krypton 8.2.5 in the Nand as stable system, but i want to try new features in Kodi Leia (like Netflix addon) burned in a bootable external microSD card.

I only posted the bug report i've noticed for your info.

• I think its that the RTL8211F still hasn't packaged drivers as if you have a look in

LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/ LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Has every common RTL device but the RTL8211F which is also common as used on the RockPro64.
    I just booted the new image http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/rk3399/ which is amazing as first time seen the Mali drivers run under OpenGL ES and wow this boots fast. Its still the 8.0-beta 1.0 and think I noticed the same with the RockPro64 the Nic worked but boy is it slow and maybe its the lack of a specific driver?

Probs need this including as don't think they where in the kernel.
    Linux source code: drivers/net/phy/realtek.c (v4.6) - Bootlin