Am I right in my experience? using LE with different hardware.

• I dont know how LE is using differnet hardware(Rpi, PC,Android boxes and so on), But from my experiance to get the most stable playback only for 1080p H.264 and VC-1 vidoes, I think Rpi3 is the best suited, am I right? Nothing wrong with LE and PC, but for me Rpi3 with LE seems most stable. With stable I mean a smooth playback with no jerky movement and stutter and no suddenly stop in video when playing these files from local usb stick....

• Raspberry Pi is our largest user group (consistently around 75% of our active installed base) which means more people to report (and often fix) issues, and the Pi Foundation has long been attentive to the needs of Kodi - because great support helps to sell more boards to support their education mission. That said, the experience for 1080p/H.264 should be pretty consistent everywhere assuming the same media being played back on the same TV screen over the same USB drive or NAS/network. It's only once you stray towards exotic encodings, 4k, HDR, wonky TV's and bad network connections that you'll start to discover differences between platforms.

• ok, thanks, good to know... As I said, I havent noticed any real problems so far with neither one.....

But the Rpi3 is so small and so cheap and easy to use compared to a PC, so if you are using a pc to only LE Kodi, that is a waist of space and heat and money... Of course if you dont use the pc to anything else, you can use it....

the great thing about PC is you can use it with dual boot, that way you use what you have. Other then that, the Rpi3 is awsome with LE.

The downside of Rpi3 is its a bit to weak in power whan using it to fast forward and jump in videos, much faster with a normal pc, Also I dont know how safe it is to play high bitrate 60hz 1080p files in Rpi3, I only use it for 1080p 24hz so far, and will probably keep to that...

• To help with FF you can increase the buffer in /storage/.kodi/userdate/advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    </advancedsettings>
  • To help with FF you can increase the buffer in /storage/.kodi/userdate/advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

Yepp, I know, tried that, but it doesent work with .iso files neither with bluray folders(.mpls), this is confirmed many times, but I couldnt find out the reason WHY?, it only works with MKV and M2TS video files, wich I only have few of.... Thanks anyway...