Dual booting x96 mini question

• Hello everyone, i have an x96 mini that i wanted to get libreelec on due to the fact right now kodi only works in 720p as shown in the kodi settings.

That said, i was wondering, is there a way to dual boot like linux and windows dual boot? What i mean is i boot the machine normally and am presented with a choice to which os do i want to boot to?

Because so far i've only seen libreelec run from an sd card that you need to get into recovery to boot to.

I just want to keep the android option for this box, while still enjoying kodi at 1080p.

Thanks in advace, and have a great day!

• Hey thanks for the quick reply.

1. I know libreelec kodi runs 1080p i've done the research, which is why i want it.

2. I know it runs from the sd, i've read the guide. I was asking if there's a way to get it on the emmc besides android and either choose to boot to it or android on startup, or launch libreelec from android.

• Because so far i've only seen libreelec run from an sd card that you need to get into recovery to boot to.

I just want to keep the android option for this box, while still enjoying kodi at 1080p.

You have seen wrong. LE runs from SD card OK on this box. Once when installed to SD card it boots directly to LE when turned on or when the box is rebooted. Even from Andoid, when box reboots it boots to LE.

The only time you have to use "toothpic and Reset Switch (located behinde AV port) method" on this box is for first instalation of LibreElec...

This way, you keep Android and enjoy full Kodi potential running from SD. There is no way to have Android and LE on internal memory and choose which will boot...

• There are 2 methods:

1. if you are running Kodi from SD card -> choose "Reboot from Internal"

2. If you are turning on the box -> take out the SD card, and it'll boot to Android.

When in Android and you want to reboot to LE -> put in SD card and choose "Reboot" with remote control (long press on Power button brings up 2 options: Reboot and Power Off)

• That is correct! That is what I wrote, so no need for offensive words!

You CAN reboot from LE/Kodi installed on SD card to internal ie. Android. The "REBOOT TO INTERNAL" option is only shown i KODI Power Off Menu in LibreElec!

But that is NOT THE ONLY WAY to boot to Android as you somehow concluded in post #7...

• that's the only way for me to do that without taking out the sd card. And since when is pissy offensive? You wrote NO! In all caps even though i understood what you wrote and wrote it back. That came across is pissed, hence i felt you were writing pissily.

Nevermind then, i understand now and thank you for your insight it is what i needed to get started.

• Well, I have used "reboot to internal" on recent (unofficial) LE versions and on all (official) CE versions, always using the default skin.

Don't know about official (old) LE vesrsions, because they are outdated for my needs.

• Wait, so you're saying not all kodi here have that feature? How will i know which to install?

Install latest version available, unofficial in LE case. You'll get Kodi Krypton on them.

If you want to try out new Kodi Leia which is now in Beta1, you'll have to install CoreElec, a new fork of LibreElec dedicated to Amlogic tv boxes.